It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0.1 plugin Migration to RTC 4.0

Kaushik Bhalerao (611810) | asked Oct 30 '12, 4:06 a.m.
edited Oct 30 '12, 5:35 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Current Environment :
  • RTC 3.0.1Installed
  • Respective SDK used for Plugin Development
  • Client : RTC eclipse 3.0.1
  1.  Currently We developed plugins for current environment.
  2. Now we are migrating RTC 3.0.1 to RTC 4.0
Q:Can we migrates plugins of rtc 3.0.1 to rtc 4.0 ?

Q:What is Good Way for it?

(Please feel free to ask any other required information about this question if needed.)

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 30 '12, 5:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As answered in the other two similar questions especially https://jazz.net/forum/questions/92466/can-we-integrate-rtc-301-api-with-rtc-40-api-so-that-we-can-develope-single-plugin-for-both

Please don't ask the same question over and over again, if you think you want to provide more content, comment on your original question or edit it.

As a side note, please consider your tagging. What is the relationship to Jazzhub or jazz.net?

permanent link
Kaushik Bhalerao (611810) | answered Oct 30 '12, 7:31 a.m.
I know that ,Its possible to migrate project area.from RTC 3.0.1 to 4.0 .But I am more interested in
"Is it possible to migrate RTC plugins (Pre condition ,Followup action and server side plugin ) from RTC 3.0.1 to RTC 4.0.?"

(Sorry For incorrect tagging )

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 30 '12, 8:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As described in the other answer, I basically imported the 3.x plugin and other projects into an RTC 4.x client with the SDK set up. I had no issues with the code and you would basically just rebuild to deploy against 4.x.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.