It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Extension: What to change in plugin after required interface addition?

Timur Markunin (6495165145) | asked Oct 29 '12, 10:59 a.m.
Hello,

I'm developing RTC follow-up action. I've added to my server-side plugin new required interface.

<requiredService    interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer"/>

It works fine when I use Jetty server but when I'm trying to deploy it to Tomcat I'm receiving:
: CRJAZ1972E "com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.WorkItemRepositoryService" service faild to activate becuase a service that it depneds on  "com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer" faild to be activated.

I don't see my new follow-up in RTC UI.  Did I miss to do something in plugin properties?

-thanks in advance

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 30 '12, 4:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Timur,

I have just deployed a plug in that has

<requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer" />
               <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.common.IWorkItemCommon" />
               <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.common.IAuditableCommon" />
               <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.links.common.service.ILinkService" />

It works flawless. I am pretty sure that when you updated your updatesite, you failed to rebuild properly. Something in your deployment process is wrong.

Make sure to remove everything except the site.xml

Then open the site.xml and push rebuild all. Then try to redeploy. Sorry, but images seem to be broken for me.

Timur Markunin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Timur Markunin commented Oct 30 '12, 5:04 a.m.

Thanks Ralph!

I just wanted to clarify that I don't need to add any additional features to my feature project as I've added new required interface.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 29 '12, 11:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Timur,

since Jetty works and the Extensions Workshop requires the same services:

<prerequisites>
               <requiredService
                  interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer"/>
               <requiredService
                  interface="com.ibm.team.build.internal.common.ITeamBuildService"/>
               <requiredService
                  interface="com.ibm.team.build.internal.common.ITeamBuildRequestService"/>
            </prerequisites>

I would assume you have an issue with the deployment. Did you request a server reset after undeploying / redeploying?

In addition, did you delete all the data in the updatesite poject, except the site.xml and then rebuild the site?

I have another extension where I needed  IWorkitemServer maybe add that.

<prerequisites>
               <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer" />
               <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.common.IWorkItemCommon" />
               <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.common.IAuditableCommon" />
               <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.links.common.service.ILinkService" />
            </prerequisites>

Comments
Timur Markunin commented Oct 29 '12, 1:27 p.m. | edited Oct 29 '12, 1:33 p.m.

Hi Ralph!

The problem appeared when I changed plugin.xml
            <prerequisites>
               <requiredService    interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer"/>
            </prerequisites>

I've  requested server reset and my follow-up have disappeared from RTC UI.

Maybe I need to add some new features to my feature project before rebuild of updatesite project?

-thanks in advance

Timur Markunin commented Oct 30 '12, 2:31 a.m.

Hi Ralph!
Sorry, I've added wrong interface name in the question above.

I've deployed several versions of my plugin and everything was fine.
The problem appeared when I changed plugin.xml
            <prerequisites>
        <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.common.IAuditableCommon"/>
            </prerequisites>

I've  requested server reset and my follow-up have disappeared from RTC UI.

Do I need to add some new features to my feature project before rebuild of updatesite project because of addition of new required interface?

-thanks in advance

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.