It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to know when the changeset deliver to the stream?

Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | asked Oct 28 '12, 2:06 a.m.
We have DEV stream and INT stream. Developers edit the source code in their repository workspace and then deliver to DEV stream. SCMer deliver the changsets from DEV to INT. And some developers will fix the bug and deliver to INT directly. Then SCMer will sync the changesets from INT to DEV.
I want to know when the changesets are exist in INT and when the bug fix changeset are in DEV?

Comments
Arne Bister commented Oct 28 '12, 7:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

what version of RTC are you using? We introduced the Locate Changeset Editor in RTC 4.0 which gives you exactly the answers you are looking for. Did you try that?

- Arne

3 answers

permanent link
Dejan Custic (2855) | answered Oct 31 '12, 1:14 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Help documentation about the Locate Change Sets editor is here https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_locate_change_sets.html

permanent link
Lawrence Smith (3764) | answered Oct 30 '12, 1:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In  addition to the 4.0 Locate Change Set editor, another way is to look at the work item that has the fix associated then see that it is "included in build", if you have a build on your stream. For example, you would know that it was delivered to the INT stream when it is shown as "included in the INT.rcb build" (for example).

During the end game, for maintenance streams, and whenever delivery is time sensitive, I will also add a comment to the work item saying that I delivered the change set to the stream.

There is an enhancement to help with this issue... see Story 93619: As a user, show me where my changes have flown.
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=93619

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Oct 30 '12, 11:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You could compare the two streams and see the differences. For something more specific, you'll have to go with Arne's suggestion of using the Locate Change Sets editor. If you're not on RTC 4.0, there is a basic locate change set action. It only works on one change set at a time and can be invoked from the change set context menu (ie. a work item in the links tab). With the action, you'll select the stream where you want to see if the change set exists there and you'll be told if the change set is in the selected stream.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.