It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add another web server in front of RTC and BF server?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Oct 25 '12, 3:06 p.m.
 Follow the default installation, RTC server is installed to a single WAS7 server, and BF is installed into a single Apache server.

Now the organization's architecture standard requires all application separate the web tire and application tier. So what shall I do with our RTC and BF server? Can I add another web server in the front to serve both RTC and BF requests, or I need two web servers? 

How to do this? Just ask IT support to add a new web server in front of them, or is there any document in RTC and BF tells how to separate the web and application tier?

Thanks
Jirong

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Oct 25 '12, 6:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jirong

You may be able to use a reverse proxy server to satisfy IT's requirements (or the IBM HTTPS Server and WAS).  Have a look here: https://jazz.net/library/article/744  and see if that helps. 

regards

anthony

Comments
Jirong Hu commented Oct 25 '12, 7:17 p.m.

There is a note here and we are using BF.

Note: A reverse proxy cannot be used if you also plan to use the Rational® Build Forge® Build Engine.

Can I just add another IBM HTTP Server at front? I am not a network guys so have no clear idea.

Thanks
Jirong

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.