It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC usage ( import feature)

Cherifa Mansoura (13389) | asked Oct 25 '12, 3:06 p.m.
edited Oct 25 '12, 5:06 p.m.
1 - Is there a way to modify the existing artifact via an import? For example if I take the example of a data artifact with ID=1 and data-type=String. I tried to update this artifact via a CSV where ID=1 and data-type=Numeric.
=> each time I try it, it creates a new artifact. This should not be the case right?
2 - When I try to reference a link in a CSV, I have always issue during the import because RRC is not able to find the link. I don't get what make an artifact unique an how you can reference it in a CSV.
3 - Is only text artifact format supported to do CSV import?
4 - When I add an artifact to a dataset , I would like to automatically create a link between the dataset and the artifact. I was not able to reproduce the Concept of hyperlink.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Oct 25 '12, 4:29 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Some answers ...

1 - Is there a way to modify the existing artifact via an import? For example if I take the example of a data artifact with ID=1 and data-type=String. I tried to update this artifact via a CSV where ID=1 and data-type=Numeric.
=> each time I try it, it creates a new artifact. This should not be the case right?
[dmoul] working as designed for V4.0.  See prioritized enhancement for 2013 and feel free to add your "vote" in the work item: 44296: [RM] CSV import / Export (Round Trip Capability)

2 - When I try to reference a link in a CSV, I have always issue during the import because RRC is not able to find the link. I don't get what make an artifact unique an how you can reference it in a CSV.
[dmoul] currently you cannot import links while importing from CSV.

3 - Is only text artifact format supported to do CSV import?
[dmoul] yes this is a limitation of the CSV format

4 - When I add an artifact to a dataset , I would like to automatically create a link between the dataset and the artifact. I know Ana is able to do it but I was not able to reproduce. Concept of hyperlink.
[dmoul] I'm not sure what you mean by a dataset.  With collections (and modules in  new in 4.0.1) there is a notion of "containment" (an artifact is contained in a collection or module.  Explicit links do not need to be created between the container and the artifact.

Note that the ReqIF format allows import of non-textual artifacts and links, however we do not currently provide an easy way to get data into ReqIF format.

Comments
Cherifa Mansoura commented Oct 25 '12, 10:21 p.m.

Thanks Daniel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.