It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem Configuring Rational Team Concert as your build provider within RQM

Patrick Gagan (31185) | asked Oct 24 '12, 3:46 p.m.

I am trying to setup RTC Build Integration(within RQM) on a server that has RQM/RRC/RTC installed(v 3.0.1.4).

I am using the instructions provided here, under Configuring Rational Team Concert as your build provider:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_config_rtc_build_integration.html

I have followed all the instructions for setting up the build provider and am able to connect and get all the way to the last part of the wizard to see the RTC projects to choose from(Procedure 3, Step i), however after selecting the desired project(or any project) I get this msg and am unable to click the Finish button:
'QM server can't set up the connection to CCM server, please make sure both the CCM user id and password for the connection are correct. You can reference more details in the help.'

The ID set in the config is the ADMIN ID, I have tried changing to use another ID(s), which has JazzAdmin, but still get the same error msg.

Does anybody have any suggestions or solution?  Any and all suggestions are welcome.

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 26 '12, 8:16 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 26 '12, 8:16 a.m.
The cause of this error is generally an incorrect username and/or password for the Change and Configuration Management Jazz Server administrator (see step 2c).  Check those values as typed in the Advanced Properties, check if you can log into RTC with those values, and finally check that the user has JazzUsers repository permissions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.