It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I make a duplicate (or a copy) of the entire Project Area?

Jesse Timbang (3211619) | asked Oct 24 '12, 6:50 a.m.
Say I have Project Area 1, I kind of wanted to have Project Area 2 with the exact contents that Project Area 1 has (queries, work items, etc)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Oct 29 '12, 12:43 a.m.
We did this with the use of some internal tooling. It isn't perfect, it doesn't copy absolutely everything, but does a pretty good job.  You can contact me offline if you wish and I can point you to this internal team.  We paid them for their services.
Geoffrey Clemm selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ming Jie Cai commented May 06 '14, 2:08 a.m.

Hi Susan, we also need this internal tooling for customer project, could you please give me some help on how to get this service? Thanks!

3 other answers

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Nov 07 '12, 5:54 p.m.
In 4.0.1, you can do this in the web client:  https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/t_exporting_process_templates_web.html.

If you're using an earlier release, you can do this only from the Eclipse client:  https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/t_create_process_template.html.

Ken

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Nov 07 '12, 10:59 p.m.

But this won't do what the initial request was, which was to get a new project area with "the exact contents that Project Area 1 has (queries, work items, etc)", right?

If you create the process template, you get the process, but you don't get:
1) work items, plans, source code streams, components
2) Releases
3) Work item categories
4) team areas (and their mappings/associations to work item categories)
5) queries (other than pre-defined that are done in the project area config)
6) dashboards for teams

correct?

Susan Hanson

Qiong Feng Huang commented Nov 08 '12, 3:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

That's right. Process template only contains some configurations, such as workitem type. No real artifacts are included in a process template.

permanent link
Chris Goldthorpe (4287) | answered Oct 26 '12, 2:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no UI gesture to copy an entire project area but you can extract a process template from a project area and then use that process template to create a new project area. The net result of this will be to create a second project area which has the same process rules, roles, work item definitions etc as the original project area but will not have a copy of artifacts such as work items.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.