It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to group changes of different components in same change set?

Qaiser Islam (31286974) | asked Oct 24 '12, 6:37 a.m.

Hi,

In my stream there are couple of components like dataobjects, web, services. if i make the changes in some files in different componenents to fix some defect, i am not able to combine all the changes in one change set. I am using RTC 4

Regards,

Qaiser

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mark Prout (13411510) | answered Oct 24 '12, 7:38 a.m.
Hi Qaiser,

A change set can only contain delta's of artefact's residing in the same component.  If you modify artefact's that are spread across components separate change sets will be created for each effected component.  A Work Item can then be used to bind all of the necessary change sets together.
Qaiser Islam selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Qaiser Islam commented Oct 24 '12, 9:03 a.m.

ok thanks marks..make sense

One other answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Oct 24 '12, 6:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Qaiser,
I don't know of a way to create a changeset with changes from more than one component.  What you could do to make it more clear the changesets are related is associate them with the same work item and then include a comment in the changeset with the same name and version number like "Added support for feature x version 1.0."  Then if you want to make a new changeset you could bump up the version "Added support for feature x version 1.1."

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.