It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jira Issues visible in RTC plans. Is this possible through Atlassian Jira Connector?

Michał Łusiak (556) | asked Oct 23 '12, 6:58 p.m.
 Hi,

So I managed to succesfully connect my RTC 4.0 with JIRA 4.4.0. I can add Jira bugs as related to RTC stories, that's cool.

Is this possible to make those JIRA bugs visible in RTC plan, just like child RTC defects are visible under stories? If their estimates would be also counted into the plan, that would be pretty awesome. 

Does current version of connector support this kind of interaction? Does this kind of interaction is possible through OSLC at all?

Regards,
Mike

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 24 '12, 2:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Currently, only an RTC work item can be a member of an RTC plan.
Michał Łusiak selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michał Łusiak commented Oct 24 '12, 7:32 a.m.

Thanks Geoffrey. Are you aware of any plans to change this? Regards, Mike

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 25 '12, 12:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I know that this has been discussed as a desirable feature, but I am not aware of any work being done in this direction for the next release.   I did a quick check, but couldn't find a work item for it, so you should feel free to submit a new work item on jazz.net for this request.   I believe that it would require significant extensions to OSLC to allow for a scalable implementation, so it is likely to be costly to implement.

Michał Łusiak commented Oct 25 '12, 6:10 a.m.

Yeah, this definitely would be costly to implement in scalable way. Thanks for your comment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.