It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to configure default dashboards for Team areas?

James LoRusso (854) | asked Oct 23 '12, 5:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've created 2 dashboards in CLM for a particular project area, let's say "Administrators Dashboard" and "Users Dashboard".  I'd like the "Administrators" team area to see the "Administrators Dashboard" when they log in, and the "Users" team area to see the "Users Dashboard.  It seems to be possible in CLM 4.0, but I haven't found a way to do this yet.  Can someone clarify how this can be accomplished?

Thanks,
-Jim

Accepted answer

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Oct 24 '12, 10:44 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There isn't a mechanism to direct a user to a specific dashboard upon logging in, since the user may be trying to look at a specific resource when trying to log in. However, since the default landing page when viewing a project is the project dashboard, you could add a widget there with large clear text to guide users to their corresponding dashboard via links. You could use the HTML widget to do this.

In addition, the navigation menus in the banner now have recently viewed items, so if you frequently go to a specific team dashboard it'll appear there in the Project Dashboards menu. Some users also like to use the mini dashboard, which is docked on the left side of the page by default, as a navigation tool. You can add widgets there, like the bookmarks widget, for frequently visited places.
James LoRusso selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
James LoRusso commented Nov 05 '12, 1:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Curtis!

2 other answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Oct 23 '12, 10:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi James,
and  click the dashborad you want to set default
and select set as default

Comments
James LoRusso commented Oct 24 '12, 9:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

My response was too long to add as a comment on your answer, so I attached it as a new answer below:

permanent link
James LoRusso (854) | answered Oct 24 '12, 9:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michael,
Thanks for the reply.  The .../jts/dashboards/all page looks like it only displays personal dashboards, not team or project dashboards.  I have a Project Area called CLM Support.  In that project area, there are 2 teams: "CLM Support Team" and "CLM Users".  Per the screenshot below, there are 3 dashboards for this project area (1 Project Dashboard, and 2 Team Dashboards for their respective teams).

I can't seem to find out how to display each Team's Dashboard by default.  For example, when a member of the "CLM Support Team" logs in, he/she should see the CLM Support Team dashboard.  Likewise, when a member of the "CLM Users" team logs in, he/she should see the CLM Users dashboard.  As it stands now, it seems the project dashboard, "CLM Support" is the default dashboard that displays when any user logs into the CLM Support project area.

Thanks,
-Jim

Comments
James LoRusso commented Oct 24 '12, 9:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The screenshot above doesn't look like it was inserted, so attaching it here.
CLM Support Dashboards

Hao Wan commented Oct 24 '12, 9:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi James,
I also didn't find how to config team dashboard as default, maybe an alternative way is to save the
teamdashboard in bookmarks
https://<server:port>/qm/web/console/<project ares>#action=com.ibm.rqm.planning.home.actionDispatcher&subAction=viewDashboard&team=<team>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.