It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cerrtain Users get UUID when saving work item after changing a specific field only

Joshua Giangrande (2611216) | asked Oct 23 '12, 11:09 a.m.
edited Oct 23 '12, 11:10 a.m.
Hi Everyone,

I am running into a curious issue. I have three users (all members of a process role called "Technical Support") that are attempting to reassign work items by changing the "Owned By" field. When they go to save the work item, however, they receive the message:

invalid UUID [https://<server>:<port>/ccm/web/projects/_<seemingly_random_jibberish_that_doesn't_refer_to_any_project_area>].

They are able to add comments, update other fields, etc, and successfully save the work item. It is only when attempting to change the "Owned By" field that this issue arises. I have verified that members of their process role have the ability to modify ALL  work item attributes, so I can't imagine this is a permissions error. And yet, members of another process role (some group of managers) are able to update the "Owned By" field on the same tickets and save without issue.

I have seen a couple of other posts about being unable to save an entire project area because of an Invalid UUID error. The problem there seemed to be browser-related. As this only arises with one particular attribute, I can't imagine that's the case.

Has anyone experienced anything similar, or have any idea where I might be able to look for more info? If I have to provide some more details, I'm willing to do so, within reason.

Thanks,
- Josh

Accepted answer

permanent link
Doug Verhun (75169) | answered Oct 23 '12, 12:42 p.m.

Hi Josh,

From a recent post regarding this issue, your problem may be because of the type of browser being used.  I've also had the same issue and found that it was browser that I was using that caused the issue (issue occurred in firefox 16.0.1, but had no issues using IE8).

Invalid UUID

Hope that helps!

Doug

Joshua Giangrande selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Joshua Giangrande commented Oct 23 '12, 1:25 p.m.

The users are able to save the work items without error, provided they do not modify the "Owned By" field. If it were a browser issue, would it not prevent them from saving the work item regardless of which attribute they modify? That being said, I will pass that info along to them to at least rule it out. Thanks.

Doug Verhun commented Oct 23 '12, 1:28 p.m.

You would think so, but my issue's behaviour was similar...though in my case the only field that was impacted was adding approvers...every other field could be modified without a problem.

Joshua Giangrande commented Oct 23 '12, 3:58 p.m.

Well, I'll be darned. So far one guy has started testing using IE and hasn't had the problem again. I did not expect that to be the issue. Thanks for confirming you had the exact same problem!

Martha (Ruby) Andrews commented Nov 01 '12, 1:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, there is an issue with FF16 where various operations that require selecting a user will cause an Invalid UUID error. This is why modifying the Owned By causes the error but other modifications do not.
Here is the defect report for the Invalid UUID error of Firefox 16:
Contributor itemId value corrupted in TeamContributorSelectionDialog (236526)

3 other answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Oct 23 '12, 11:25 a.m.
Random thoughts based on experiences:

Is the potential assignee a member of the project ? 
Archived or Active ? 
Does the JTS user registry match CCM users in terms of number of users ?
Does that potential assignee belong to any archived teams ?

Comments
Joshua Giangrande commented Oct 23 '12, 1:24 p.m.

Is the potential assignee a member of the project?  - Yes, all three are members of the project.

Archived or Active? - Active

Does the JTS user registry match CCM users in terms of number of users? - Yes it does. Only a subset of these users are members of the project area, but I suspect that's not an issue.

Does that potential assignee belong to any archived teams? - They do not.

permanent link
Mark Kavanagh (5185) | answered Nov 01 '12, 10:01 a.m.
Been having the same problem and wracking my brain with permissions etc to figure it out and it's a Browser issue !!!
Very frustrating but thanks Doug for the post :)

permanent link
Carolyn Ford (1) | answered Nov 12 '12, 5:52 p.m.
edited Nov 12 '12, 5:54 p.m.
We have the issue too on RQM 2.x  Please make sure when users use Firefox that they use version 10.0! This is not a license, or template issue, but an issue with the browser.
Sincerely, Carolyn Ford

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.