It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I debug this? CRJCA0132E

Aaron Cohen (8207851) | asked Oct 23 '12, 10:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

While trying to create a "Money that matters" sample project I got the error below. How do I debug this? RM (https://rcs-sandbox.ratl.swg.usma.ibm.com:9443/rm/web) works with another project I created.

I am running RTC, RRC, RQM, and DM 4.0 on Websphere 8.5. 

Server Response:

Error 500: Internal Server Error Error 500: Internal Server Error java.lang.NullPointerException (More info found at entry [d6d7f03f7429aecc] in RRS server log) Requirements Management/4.0

Error Stacktrace:

com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: CRJCA0132E The request to create an artifact container in the application at https://rcs-sandbox.ratl.swg.usma.ibm.com:9443/rm/projects failed with an internal server error response. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJCA0132E. 
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.CreateProjectTask.runTask(CreateProjectTask.java:166)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.AbstractTask.run(AbstractTask.java:56)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask.run(CompositeTask.java:208)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask$MonitoredSubTask.run(CompositeTask.java:124)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask.run(CompositeTask.java:208)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.LoggingCompositeTask.run(LoggingCompositeTask.java:37)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.AsyncTask$TaskRunner.run(AsyncTask.java:40)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:770)

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Oct 23 '12, 10:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is there anything else useful in the rm.log?

Aaron Cohen commented Oct 23 '12, 10:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I found the null pointer exception in the rm.log. The stacktrace doesn't tell me too much.
2012-10-23 10:24:33,955 [             WebContainer : 23] ERROR dm.fronting.server.services.process.ProjectService  - Server Error: Entry [d6d7f03f7429aecc]
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.services.process.internal.ProjectServiceInternal.doPostInternal(ProjectServiceInternal.java:129)
        at com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.core.internal.RRSRestServiceBase.runInternalMethod(RRSRestServiceBase.java:490)
        at com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.core.internal.RRSRestServiceBase.handleMethod(RRSRestServiceBase.java:417)
        at com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.core.internal.RRSRestServiceBase.doPost(RRSRestServiceBase.java:109)
        at 

Ara Masrof commented Oct 24 '12, 3:43 p.m. | edited Jun 24 '13, 3:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Aaron,

What Browser/version are you using when you encounter this error?

Aaron Cohen commented Oct 24 '12, 7:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Google Chrome.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Conway (4368) | answered Jul 18 '13, 10:13 a.m.
 If you're logging in and get the "Admin" user, you may have an issue that you login as lowercase but your actual identity is in mixed case on the LDAP server.  We had this situation in our installation - all persons with "JazzAdmins" access would fall through as "Admin"

The solution was that we had a new attribute create in our LDAP that contained the lowercase login name.  We then used this for authentication instead of the mixed-case login.  Problem solved.

You can tell the server to ignore case for authentication, but we found that it opens a series of other issues.

Hope this helps.

KjC
Aaron Cohen selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Laura W. Hinson (16126) | answered Oct 23 '12, 11:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Aaron,

Did you happen to check the information center to find more details about this message? Here's a link: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.messages.CLMic/CRJCA0132E.html.

Is that information helpful? If not, please let me know if you have suggestions for information that we can add to the message to make it better.

Thanks,
Laura

Comments
Aaron Cohen commented Oct 23 '12, 12:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

So I checked that a previous project doesn't already exist. Additionally the document points the admin.log which contains an error which points back to the help doc. 

from the admin.log:
com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: CRJCA0132E The request to create an artifact container in the application at https://rcs-sandbox.ratl.swg.usma.ibm.com:9443/rm/projects failed with an internal server error response. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJCA0132E.

Martha (Ruby) Andrews commented Oct 23 '12, 3:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Aaron,

The LPA error is a generic reporting of the RM error. Pursuing the RM error is the way to go to solve this. Unfortunately, I do not know what can cause the RM error.

Ruby
Jazz L3 Developer

Aaron Cohen commented Oct 24 '12, 7:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am starting to think it might be a client access license issue.  One other detail which I discovered during  my diagnosis is the ADMIN user was not removed during setup with LDAP. When I log into the RM with my user it states I am the ADMIN user and takes me to the ADMIN user's profile. How do I remove the ADMIN user after switching to ldap?

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jun 26 '13, 12:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 26 '13, 12:15 p.m.
 We've seen this error come through IBM Support before, and the fix is available in CLM 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 under this work item: com.ibm.team.jfs.users.service.internal.ContributorService does not respect case insensitive setting (244606). The problem has to do with the JTS server not respecting the case insensitivity setting for User URLs with LDAP configured, so the calls which the RM server is making to JTS for User information are failing, thus causing this NullPointerException you are seeing in the RM logs. You can either upgrade to CLM 4.0.2 or 4.0.3, or go through the IBM Support channels (IBM Software Support - Contact support) to request a hotfix for the defect I mentioned above. Hope this helps!

Mike Jaworski

permanent link
manivannan sabarajan (14557) | answered Jul 18 '13, 10:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I got this error message when i tried to create a "Lifecycle project"and could able to resolve it by assigning the license "Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management - Practitione" to the user...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.