It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I create multiple filtered OSLC associations between containers?

Davyd Norris (20221014) | asked Oct 22 '12, 10:17 p.m.
I have recently had several requests from clients of a similar nature. These requests can be summarised as the ability to:
 - specify an OSLC association between two containers that filters a specific subset of elements
 - specify multiple filtered associations between the same containers.

For example, one team I am working with has set up RRC with a Glossary of Terms, some high level User Stories (more like Epics really), and some Non-Functional Requirements. They have also set up their project in RTC with detailed User Stories, Defects and Enhancements. They have asked me if they can set up multiple links that associate:
 - Terms from the RRC Glossary to Work Items (User Stories/Defect/Enhancements) in RTC. These ideally would be linked directly in description fields but are acceptable to be just links on the Links tab. They are used for reference only.
 - User Stories in RRC to various Work Items in RTC. These would be used as parent/children type links between RRC High Level User Stories or NFRs and RTC Stories, and as Blocking Defects for RRC Requirements and RTC Defects. These would be used for traceability and reporting.

I have another team with another client that wants to create several fields in a RAM asset that are populated by OSLC links, and set each of them up to link to one of a couple of custom RTC work items. At the moment they find that they have to jump through a lot of hoops to get the link established, and ALL Work Items get displayed during the link creation - they only want a filtered list (ideally parameterisable but even just a list of the custom Work Item would be a good start).

What would be great is if you could specify and attach a Query to an OSLC association - this could be any of the valid queries in the target tool. Then administrators could simply define a query that returns the correct subset of items, and attach it to the link or association. A unique link or association would then be defined by the containers, and the query, meaning you could set up more than one between two containers.

Any ideas if this is doable now?

One answer

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Oct 23 '12, 8:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The need to associate a RAM attribute with a filter (for a specific provider/work item type) makes a lot of sense,  please add your scenario in  51882

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.