It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I'm seeing the following in logs. What does this mean? Is it a problem? CRJAZ1972E "com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.WorkItemRepositoryService" service failed to activate

Glenn Bardwell (58621527) | asked Oct 22 '12, 6:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 22 '12, 6:26 p.m.
I'm seeing the message,

2012-09-03 18:07:16,346 [jazz: AsynchronousTaskRunner-2] ERROR com.ibm.team.process - CRJAZ6016E:

CRJAZ1972E "com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.WorkItemRepositoryService" service failed to activate because service that it depends on "com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer" failed to be activated
in my logs. What is the cause of this? Does this cause any problems?

One answer

permanent link
Glenn Bardwell (58621527) | answered Oct 22 '12, 6:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 22 '12, 6:28 p.m.
This message is not a problem. It can be ignored.

Here's an explanation.
Every few seconds an asynchronous task, ProjectAreaChangeListenerRunningOnAllNodesTask, is started that tries to establish a com.ibm.team.process area change listener. The attempt to start the project area change listener fails with CRJAZ6016E because

CRJAZ1972E "com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.WorkItemRepositoryService" service faild to activate becuase a service that it depneds on "com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer" faild to be activeted

For the first few tries, the WorkItemRepositoryService won't start because, a service it depends on com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer isn't started. Eventually, com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer is started by another part of the code.
 The next time the server tries to start WorkItemRepositoryService it too starts.

There is a defect that is tracking this issue.

CRJAZ6016E:Exception occurred attempting to load project area change listeners when starting 4.0 server (231588).

Comments
YOGESH LOKHANDE commented Jun 23 '13, 7:42 a.m.

YOGESH LOKHANDE commented Jun 24 '13, 8:55 a.m. | edited Jun 24 '13, 8:57 a.m.
Hello Glenn,

Can please help me if you know why this error happen,

service status is Failure and reason is service not get start. now its already 1 week gone but still service not get start after restart the service then also.

error:

[ccm: AsynchronousTaskRunner-4] error com.ibm.team.datawarehouse -CRJAZ1972E The "com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.workiteam.internal.WorkItemsRemoteSnapshotExtensionService" Service failed to activate because a service that it depends on,"com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.workiteam.internal.WorkItemsRemoteSnapshotService" failed to be actived. for more the help system and search for CRJAZ1972E. 

please if you know how to restart that service or any other way .
it is stuck in various thing.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.