It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Buildforge plugin for RAM 7.5.1.1 does not seem to work.

Gerald Gordon (7011419) | asked Oct 22 '12, 4:10 p.m.
edited Oct 22 '12, 8:25 p.m.

Friends,

I'm trying to get past an issue with my RAM BuildForge Policy.

Basically,

When we try to kick off the BuildForge Policy inside of RAM we are getting this error.

Policy: Build Forge v7.1.1.4 > RAFW Build Forge Deployment PolicyOct 22, 2012 4:02 PM
Could not find Environment: RAM_GUID

Our question is as follows.
Does RAM 7.5.1.1 work with the BuildForge v7.1.1.4 policy.  I traced some of the code in the jar file for the BuildForge policy and it appears that RAM 7.5.1.1 is not updating the java var RAM_GUID.  I followed the instructions to setup the policy governer as described in the help docs.
We are in the throws of purchsing this software but we need to get through this use cases.   Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
~Gerald

2 answers

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Oct 23 '12, 8:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This policy call's BF api.  The .zip that you have downloaded from the (RAM) extension page holding the RAFW  policy, contains also the BF api, the rbf-services-client-java.jar ... you will need to replace it with the .jar from your version of BF/RAFW and update the policy in RAM.

Do you have any logs, for RAM?  (Administration->Tool->ramDebug.log)?

Comments
Gerald Gordon commented Oct 23 '12, 11:13 a.m.

That's an interesting idea.  I will try that and see what becomes of it.

Gerald Gordon commented Oct 23 '12, 11:15 a.m.

I can send my logs to you privately.  Please let me know what email I should send them too.

Kind regards,

Gerald Gordon commented Oct 23 '12, 9:10 p.m.

Gili, I was able to update the buildforge.zip file with a version of rbf-services-client-java.jar from my raf installation.  The file was slightly larger than the file that was provided in the RAM extensions page.  However the problem is still present.  I also uploaded just the policy.jar by itself and I still got the same issue, which eliminates the rbf-services as being a contributor to the problem.  

Looking for more idea's this issue is persistent and is really slowing down our POC.

Gili Mendel commented Nov 01 '12, 11:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You need to have the zip that includes both the policy and the bf runtime for that Governor.

Post any "interesting" logs from RAM here.  Be helpful to have a string to pull from.

Gerald Gordon commented Dec 10 '12, 12:00 p.m.

Hi Gili  how do I get the correct buildforge.zip file that includes the right rbf services and ram api.  We are using 7.5.1.1 we also recently purchased the product and have a support ticket open to get a fix for this functionality.  Also how do I attach the logs here.

Gerald Gordon commented Dec 10 '12, 12:02 p.m.

I was able to use the RAM java api to pull information from the RAM custom attribute for an Asset and LIbrary information.  But if we want to initiate actions as a result of a workflow lifecycle in ram we need to have the governer working.  Thanks for all of your help thus far.

Gili Mendel commented Dec 10 '12, 3:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The .jar should be in one of the directories that BF is installed at.

Gerald Gordon commented Dec 10 '12, 4:29 p.m.

Hi Gili, 

We are using RAF 3.0.0.3 and I do have the rbf-services-client-java.jar file from this install.  

Here is the scenario.

When I use the buildforge.zip file that came with RAM 7.5.1.1 distribution the policy fails when I try to execute a buildforge job on my RAF/Buildforge server during the entrance state of a RAM lifecycle.

Over the last couple of weeks I've tried many combinations including getting the rb-services-client-java.jar from our RAF 3.0.0.3 server and re-zipping ithe buildforge.zip file with the 7.5.1.1 com.ibm.ram.buildforge.policy.jar file.  But the problem still exists.  I also have a PMR open with IBM support regarding this sticky issue.  Thank you for reaching out, please let us know if there is anything else we can try.

Kind regards,

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

permanent link
Gerald Gordon (7011419) | answered Apr 11 '13, 10:14 a.m.
edited Apr 11 '13, 10:18 a.m.
This problem was resolved a couple of months ago with your help.  All we needed to do, to solve this issue was add an environment variable in the RAF tool called RAM_GUID, and set the built in build forge policy to execute on the entrance state of our automated workflow, and now we can kick off a RAF job from RAM.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.