It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data Collection Job Status fails

Rodney Haymore (111) | asked Oct 22 '12, 3:38 p.m.
Running RTC version 4.0 and Derby on a Windows 2008 R2 server...
Finally got enough data inputted but Data Collection Job status form is showing all jobs failed.  Where do I start my search for an answer?  I'm opening a PMR but we need an answer fast!

thanks. 

12 answers

permanent link
Davyd Norris (20221014) | answered Oct 22 '12, 9:36 p.m.
edited Oct 22 '12, 10:42 p.m.
I too have had all sorts of issues trying to understand data collection, the licensing and users who run the collection jobs, and authentication settings. Whenever I have gone to the advanced settings, I see that the ADMIN is still the default user used for many of these jobs, even when the user ADMIN has been disabled during the CLM setup process.

This would be a great subject for a library article. Would love someone from the Jazz team to put together a note on what the settings should be and how they work. Things like the user and roles on the server and/or projects, the authentication methods and what they should be, and how this should look when stand alone and with RRDI.

Additionally, I would love the set up process to make any changes necessary - we specify an ETL user account during set up but the disabled ADMIN username is still dotted everywhere in the data collection advanced settings. I can't work out if this is even important or not, or if the data collection jobs are still working.

permanent link
Bin Chen (41911) | answered Nov 12 '12, 12:26 p.m.

Hi, Benjamin,

I recently reconfigured our CLM to use Active directory. After I reconfigured data collection jobs, only QM common jobs won't run. What is so special about QM common job? Any hint on where I should look for troubles? Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.