It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data Collection Job Status fails

Rodney Haymore (111) | asked Oct 22 '12, 3:38 p.m.
Running RTC version 4.0 and Derby on a Windows 2008 R2 server...
Finally got enough data inputted but Data Collection Job status form is showing all jobs failed.  Where do I start my search for an answer?  I'm opening a PMR but we need an answer fast!

thanks. 

12 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Oct 22 '12, 3:57 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The log captures "ERROR" messages by default, but can be re-configured in the ETL section of the log4j.properties if you need to finer tune the logging to capture more information.  To start, I'd look for any "ERROR" type messages and provide the details here if you can.  Support however may ask you re-run the ETL with the log configured for "DEBUG" if there are no errors, or the errors do not reveal what the problem is.  It is also possible that exceptions are thrown in the application log (ie - rm.log, qm.log, etc...), which is why I thought the ISALite Data Collection would be helpful, although I certainly understand your policy may prohibit you from sharing the details.

Comments
Rodney Haymore commented Oct 22 '12, 4:11 p.m.

(ccm-etl.log)Lots of ERRORS...
Authentecation Exception CRRRE1417E     the HTTP status '403' and the masseage is forbidden...java SQLException.

One note...The STAR job is successful.  The Requirements and Common jobs fails.

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Oct 22 '12, 3:45 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rodney,

The best place to start looking is in the ETL logs.  These should be located in the server install directory in the logs folder (ie - C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\logs). You should see the following logs:

ccm-etl.log for CCM
qm-et.log for QM
jts-etl.log for JTS and RM

You can also run the ISALite Data Collector and provide it in your PMR by going to C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\support\ISALite and running "runISALite.bat" which will collect all the logs from the server as well as some other helpful information for support.  Hope it helps,

Comments
Rodney Haymore commented Oct 22 '12, 3:52 p.m.

Thanks.  I'll look there.  Anything in particular that I should look for?

Unfortunately our RTC is installed on a closed network and the output of the runISALite batch file produces a ton of files that makes it practically impossible to get those files off the network and to IBM without going through a lengthy extraction process (classification).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.