It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Test Execution Record (executionworkitem) and 303 Redirect

Michael Freeman (257) | asked Oct 22 '12, 1:26 p.m.
 I'm trying to post TERs to a RQM project and I got one to post but now I keep getting 303 redirects that point me to that one. New TERs are not getting added.

The RQM API wiki gives me the impression that somehow RQM is deciding that my secondary TERs are "duplicates" of the first one.
(It says that when you get a 303 response the Content-Location header points at the resource that RQM thinks you're duplicating)

1. How is RQM deciding that one TER is a duplicate of another?
2. Why is it trying to detect duplicates? 
3. Most importantly, why is this sort of thing not documented and/or linked to from the RQM API wiki page? 

Is there a better guide to the API out there somewhere?

One answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Oct 22 '12, 4:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Each TER posses unique combination of (Test plan, Testcase, Iteration (Test phase), Test Environment). No two TER can have all these properties same. So when you try to create another TER with same combination, you should be redirected (303) to the existing TER

-|- Pramod Chandoria

Comments
Michael Freeman commented Oct 24 '12, 8:13 a.m.

You answered question #1 but not #2 (WHY???)

RQM should NEVER force you to reuse assets.
Capability like this should be a configuration option that our local RQM admins can turn off.

Pramod Chandoria commented Oct 26 '12, 2:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you search this forum, can find similar discussion.
Essentially TER is not an artifact but an ticket for execution for specific combination. We do not allow duplicate ticket for execution rather use same TER, so reporting reveals correct status

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.