It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

work item import with xml mapping

Michelle Stein (1579) | asked Oct 21 '12, 2:28 p.m.
Is there any documentation for formatting the XML mapping document used by Work Item import? I have gotten a lot of help from various answers in this forum and references to jazz.net articles, but I haven't found a consolidated document. I'm still having a few problems in my import that I have not seen addressed anywhere so far.

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Oct 22 '12, 1:10 p.m.
Hi Michelle --

Please see this topic in the information center:

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_importing_work_items_csv_file.html

Ken Tessier

Comments
Michelle Stein commented Oct 22 '12, 1:41 p.m.

Thanks Ken.

I did see that document.

I'm still having problems importing the iteration, which is listed in that doc as 'interval' but is actually 'target'. When I run the import, duplicate iterations are still being created despite mapping individual source values to target ids in the format specified. Getting similar results when I try importing a custom attribute. Additional values are being added (inconsistently) to the enumeration list.despite explicit mappings in the XML file.

I'm still trying to work through this by trial and error. Just thought I might save some time if there were already a document.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 22 '12, 3:48 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Michelle, since you forgot to mention your version. There was an issue with the iterations in 3.x. The iterations span a tree. Each iteration can have a name and an ID. In 3.x the importer only mapped the name, I believe. If you have not entered the name or a different name, the mapping would not detect the iteration and create duplicates. Make sure to enter valid names and the path maps to avoid the duplicate iterations.

I think this got fixed in 4.x and now the algorithm tries to map to the name and if that does not work to the ID.

Michelle Stein commented Oct 23 '12, 2:06 p.m.

Yes Ralph, I'm using 4.x.

Good to know that it should be working. I'll keep trying.
Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.