It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - File type for EMF Model?

Loic Julien (6133) | asked Oct 18 '12, 3:00 p.m.
 I would like to find out if there is a supported MIME type mapping to map some of our EMF files so that the RTC Web interface can display the before/after differences when doing an "Advanced Search" on Change Sets.

Within the RTC Client, when comparing two different delivered versions (show history/compare), the compare  view displays a tab named Explorer. The Explorer tab displays a nice tree. This would be great if I could see this in the Web Interface.

Currently, the web interface says: "Differences between the Before and After states of the file cannot be computed because neither of the content types of the states can be displayed: application/unknown, application/unknown"

Thanks for your help.

Comments
Alex Fitzpatrick commented Oct 20 '12, 7:26 p.m. | edited Oct 20 '12, 7:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Converted wrong answer to comment because I overlooked the "web" part of the question.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 22 '12, 4:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe EMF files are typically text/xml files. You could try to change the MIME type to text in the SCM system. 

Comments
Tim Cornillaud commented Oct 25 '12, 11:58 a.m.

Can you provide some clue please about how I would go about "[changing] the MIME type [...] in the SCM system"

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 25 '12, 12:09 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In Eclipse (RTC 4.x), e.g. package explorer:

Then

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.