It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

build component individually in a project having multiple components

Abdul Quddus (835) | asked Oct 18 '12, 12:07 p.m.
retagged Dec 18 '13, 4:07 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
We have a Project lets say, Project A which is shared on Stream. This Project has multiple components e.g. Comp1, Comp2 & Comp3. We want to run build task on each component individually

The problem is that, build definition do not have option to select component for build instead, it select the stream and build all components as one project. In our case, we cannot create multiple streams as there are 20+ components in the Project and project architecture is designed in a way that it allow to build component individually as well as integrated as single project.

We are using Enterprise extension for IBM-i. So this problem is related to IBM-i platform. We know that Jazz Build or Ant Build has option to exclude the components but that option is not available in IBM-i builds

Please advise how we can do this in RTC or any other build tool for this.

One answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Dec 18 '13, 1:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 18 '13, 1:34 p.m.
This has gone a long time unanswered, which is unfortunate. My apologies. 
You can use scoped flows to narrow down which component(s) to accept into the build workspace. This is separate from the components to exclude mechanism, which lets you choose which of the accepted components are loaded.
See this thread.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.