It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a Command line process to Deliver the files from local workspace to main stream

Prasada Puttur (122) | asked Oct 18 '12, 9:14 a.m.

Hi All,

I  am using the SCM command line operations for loading the updated file from my workspace to Main stream.

it is failing while use SCM deliver command,

Could some one please help on this SCM command line operations

Thanks

Prasad

Comments
Tim Mok commented Oct 18 '12, 11:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is there an error message when it fails? What is the command you're using with its arguments?

This would help in determining what went wrong.

3 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Oct 19 '12, 9:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are two workspaces on the server named "CAM_Content". You own one of them and the other is owned by someone else. Your command has to be explicit in which workspace to use.

You may use the alias or uuid to explicitly select your workspace. Keep in mind that the alias is temporary if you're trying to use this command in a script.

permanent link
Prasada Puttur (122) | answered Oct 19 '12, 6:08 a.m.

For Checkin I am running following command

scm checkin -u <Userid> -P <Password> -d C:\Pavan\CAM_Content1 Dev\scripts\ItistTestfile.easl

and the result is:

Workspace: (1005) "CAM_Content" <-> (1081) "Scanner Stream"
  Component: (1082) "Default Component"
    Baseline: (1083) 1 "Initial Baseline"
    Outgoing:
      Change sets:
        (1085) *--@  "sa" 19-Oct-2012 02:15 PM
          Changes:
           ----- \Dev\scripts\.project
           --a-- \Dev\scripts\ItistTestfile.easl
            --a-- \Dev\Tools\.project

Now i want to deliver the same file :

I am using following command

scm deliver -r <server> -d C:\Pavan\CAM_Content1 -s "CAM_Content" Dev\scripts\ItistTestfile.easl

I am getting following error

Ambiguous selector "CAM_Content" matched multiple items:
Possible matches:
  (1098) "CAM_Content"
  (1005) "CAM_Content"
Problem running 'deliver':
Ambiguous workspace/stream "CAM_Content"

I have only one workspace named "CAM_Content" 

Thanks.

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Oct 19 '12, 10:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You usually specify the source workspace (-s option) only if there are multiple workspaces loaded in the sandbox (in your case C:\Pavan\CAM_Content1) or if you are running the deliver command from outside of the sandbox directory (that is without specifying the -d option or are not running it from within your sandbox directory).

If there is only one workspace loaded in the sandbox you can just run... scm deliver -d C:\Pavan\CAM_Content1 or step into the sandbox directory and run... scm deliver
which will deliver all the change sets from your workspace CAM_Content to the stream "Scanner Stream".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.