It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

For a defect work item,is there a way we can know how many times it was reopened?

anoop mc (74811192221) | asked Oct 17 '12, 8:11 a.m.
Hi,

For our Defect work item work flow once after traversing from New state to Resolved / Closed State by hitting reactivate button we can reopen those defects which takes the defect state to New again.

For such a  defect work item,is there a way we can know how many times it was reopened?

Looking at the history tab is fine but the requirement is for a report showing the defects which are reopened  with reopened date and person who reopened it.

2 answers

permanent link
Soma Mukherjee (622) | answered May 26 '14, 3:39 a.m.
Hello, my project would require this report
Can u lead me to Reporting SME to answer, how I will be able to design the report. What are the requisites for the reporting to be enabled?

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Oct 17 '12, 3:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As you said, History is the way to know this information until RTC start supporting this extra information within worktem. I am sure there will not be a out of the box report, however if datawarehouse is capturing history of workitem, specially it's state, then it could be possible to design a custom RRDI report to display such information.

Someone from RTC reporting team need to chime in to confirm that.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 18 '12, 12:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, the data-warehouse captures the state history of a work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.