It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

TypeError: "null" is Null or not an object error occure sometimes when we open Plan views

ryosuke oka (17984648) | asked Oct 17 '12, 3:31 a.m.
edited Oct 19 '12, 3:04 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
We often get   TypeError: "null" is Null or not an object  error when we open plan views.
It often happen just after logging in but not always. And once we refresh it, then the message will go away.

Dose anyone have an idea where we should look at this issue?

2 answers

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered May 28 '13, 7:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
stack trace would be important to identify the cause here...
i have seen similar errors when
-  actions are missing target states
-  iterations are not yet created or deleted
the trace would make it easier to narrow down if its the same process configuration issue or something else...

Comments
Dinesh Kumar B commented May 28 '13, 8:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

there are some good suggestions on narrowing down problematic work items here :
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/55044/typeerror-other-is-null-gt-viewing-plan-on-web-ui

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Oct 17 '12, 7:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
To get started, I usually search the existing defects to see if anyone else has hit the same error.  You can do this by going to My Stuff, click on Submit a Bug > Rational Team Concert and then using the Quick Search box in the upper right hand corner. 

I searched for your error message and found Sometimes Error - [object Object] when opening the product backlog (236297).  You could add a comment to the work item with the error message you're hitting, the version of RTC you're using, and the browser version.

Comments
ryosuke oka commented Oct 19 '12, 2:31 a.m.

Hi Lauren,
I found this but I was not sure whether this is the same cause. the error message itself is different too. I have add comment on the WI.

Thank you for your comment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.