It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Shared queries not shown up in the web client, but in RTC eclipse client.

Kelvin Lui (51299) | asked Oct 16 '12, 4:52 p.m.
edited Feb 19 '13, 5:44 p.m. by Susan Lafera (11)
 On the RTC eclipse client I could be able to view/load the shared queries from different teams.  However in the web client I could only be able to view/load the shared queries from my team (that I am the team member).

Is there any configuration setting I can do to enable all shared queries to be viewed/loaded in the web client?

Thanks.

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Oct 16 '12, 5:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Version of RTC?

Kelvin Lui commented Oct 17 '12, 10:34 a.m. | edited Oct 17 '12, 7:06 p.m.

Hi, my RTC client version is 3.0.

Thanks.

4 answers

permanent link
Jan Wloka (4161) | answered Feb 26 '13, 9:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We're tracking the problem in Cannot access shared team queries in the Web UI if I'm not a member of the team (165871). In general, we think we should only list the 'Shared in Team' queries where the user is a member of the team. 

If that's not good enough for you, can you file an enhancement against WorkItems in RTC describing the exact use case where this model does not apply?

Thanks,
Jan.

permanent link
Kelvin Lui (51299) | answered Feb 22 '13, 3:58 p.m.
Susan, here is the workaround (from Sam):

In your personal dashboard you can add a query widget which shows all queries from different teams.

Thanks.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 17 '13, 8:26 a.m.
the web client checks that you are a Team member very strongly, where the eclipse client appears to be more lenient.

If you are not listed as a team member, even tho you are the query author sharer, it will not show on the web
(even if you are Admin) (3.0.1.1)

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Feb 17 '13, 2:39 a.m.
Did we get an answer on this?  Is this a bug in the RTC Web Client?  I have the same issue, the Server version is 4.0.0.1 and I tried this using the 3.0.1.1 Eclipse Client on Windows.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.