It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Errors received while loading the widgets in the CM dashboard

Namit Pande (6311319) | asked Oct 16 '12, 1:44 p.m.

After upgrading to RTC 4.0.0.1 from 3.0.1, most of the widgets in the dashboard including Release Burndown are throwing following error:

CRRDV0015E The report query results cannot be displayed. The server encountered an unexpected error that prevented it from retrieving the report query results. To find more details about this issue, open the JavaScript console of your browser by pressing F12, refresh the widget, and check the JavaScript console for any resulting errors.

Has anyone seen this issue and knows how to fix this? Thanks.

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Oct 17 '12, 7:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I did a quick search for your error message in the existing RTC defects and I didn't get any results.  Did you try opening the Javascript console, refreshing the widget, and checking the console for errors?  You may also want to check the server logs for any related error messages.

Karl Athanasiou commented Nov 01 '12, 10:59 a.m.

Namit,

You are not the only one that this has happened to.
I have a PMR opened with IBM to resolve this.
Are you having issues importing workitems via the eclipse client as well?

Anthony Giordano commented Nov 08 '12, 2:31 p.m.

I am seeing the same issue....did they resolve and if so what was the fix?

Guido Schneider commented Nov 24 '12, 10:16 a.m.

I have sae problem after upüdating from v.3.0.1.4 to v.4.0.0.1.

Does you found a solution, or do you still have since one month, no widgets?

7 answers

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Jan 15 '13, 10:53 a.m.

Summary of all of this discussions:

Looks like it is a bug in WAS and there is a APAR and testfix available.

WSAS APAR PM79419

See comments in:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=242945

permanent link
Frank Schophuizen (19323226) | answered Jan 10 '13, 9:18 a.m.
I am running an evaluation of version 4.0.1 on Windows, using Tomcat and Derby. Actually on a WinXP 32-bit 2GB RAM machine. Same issue.

I will try the option: -Xjit:exclude={org/mozilla/javascript/UintMap.*}

Comments
Frank Schophuizen commented Jan 10 '13, 9:48 a.m.

After restart and even reboot, the problem persisted.

Frank Schophuizen commented Jan 10 '13, 5:41 p.m.

I reran the setup wizard. Although I had done the express setup, the custom setup showed  that finalizing the /admin application was not completed. After completion the error was gone.

Let us hope it will not return after the next reboot 

permanent link
Karl Athanasiou (3121317) | answered Dec 20 '12, 1:10 p.m.

This is actually not an issue with RTC... It is an identified issue with WebSphere.

An defect/bug/whatever was opened and they are working on getting the fix into the next WAS patch release.

I do not have the APAR/bug/whatever number.

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Dec 10 '12, 9:27 a.m.
I am running WAS 8.0.0.3 (with all fixpacks, but still at 8.0.0.3) and can confirm I  am getting this same error (CRRDV0015E The report query results cannot be displayed...)

I will use the work around (-xjit...) but just wanted others to know about this problem. Perhaps the docs or the product should be patched?

Comments
Robby Berner commented Dec 19 '12, 3:28 a.m.

The workaround to add the generic JVM option
-Xjit:exclude={org/mozilla/javascript/UintMap.*}  is indeed fixing the dashboard problem for us.
However,  it seems , that JVM is not always taking the new option into account upon startup. We added the option and restartet WAS, but still dashboards did not work. Then we changed in addtion the minumum heap size  and  all-of-a-sudden it was working.  After the next Server reboot, the correct functionality was gone again allthough the -Xjit option is still in place in the server.xml config file.

Does anybody has recognized such a similiar JVM behavior ?
It seems like JVM is  having some persistency behavior ? How can I trace JVM  to display the startup options  ?

Robby Berner commented Dec 19 '12, 3:38 a.m.

or maybe the persistency is  within JTS/CCM ?

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Dec 04 '12, 4:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The issue seems to be in WAS JIT
Workaround for this. Please add the following to the servers JVM options and try.
-Xjit:exclude={org/mozilla/javascript/UintMap.*}

permanent link
Karl Athanasiou (3121317) | answered Nov 26 '12, 10:21 a.m.
I am running Websphere and it turns out there was an issue on how Websphere was handling javascript.
I upgraded to 8.5.0.1.... that was a no no.
I had to downgrade to WAS 8.0.0.4.
the moment I did that it worked.
I see the same issues with 8.0.0.5.

Hope this helps.

Karl

Comments
Guido Schneider commented Nov 26 '12, 12:06 p.m.

Hello Karl,
Yesterday I thought I have found the problem. But today, the problems came back, after a restart of WAS.
Then we went back to our testsystem, where we run 4.0.0.1 since weeks without problem.
There we run WAS 8.0.0.4. We upgraded WAS to 8.0.0.5, the version we run on the productive server. AND: the problem occured also on the testmachine.

Now I read your answer and I think we can say: WAS 8.0.0.5/64bit has problems with WAS 8.0.0.4!!

Guido Schneider commented Jan 15 '13, 10:50 a.m.

Looks like it is a bug in WAS and there is a APAR and testfix available.

WSAS APAR PM79419

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Nov 25 '12, 5:17 a.m.
edited Nov 26 '12, 12:09 p.m.

We thougth the problems were in a not completted repotools upgrade. (see below).

But this is not true. This is another story. But I let this answer here, because I think it could also make sense to know this for others.

But it is definitivly not the answer to this particular problem.

1. Analyze repotools log files from the migration:

CRJAZ1440I A new type "StorageNode" was added.
Two policies can only be merged if their operation rules are exactly the same, but the two policies had a different number of rules
Two policies can only be merged if their operation rules are exactly the same, but the two policies had a different number of rules
The user "ADMIN" has logged in to the database "//db1.clm.company.com:50000/JTS:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;".
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.repository"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.repository.auth"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.process"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.dashboard"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.jfs.resource"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.links"...
Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.reports"...

DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-204, SQLSTATE=42704, SQLERRMC=RIODS.TIMELINE, DRIVER=3.57.82

Running post addTables for "com.ibm.team.repository.friends"...
Running post addTables for "Full Text Migration Handler"...
The user "ADMIN" has logged out of the database "//db1.clm.company.com:50000/JTS:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;".
Database tables were added successfully.

THE BAD THING IS THAT REPOTOOLS TELLS US "SUCCESSFULLY".

The first Message (Two policies can only be merged ) can be ignored for this problem. See 
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/86047/two-policies-can-only-be-merged-if-their-operation-rules-are-exactly-the-same-but-the-two-policies-had-a-different-number-of-rules

The second message (DB2 SQL Error) ist he bad one and must be solved according: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/88605/error-running-repotoolssh-addtables-during-upgrade-from-3013-to-4001  

see also:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=232642

We did:

a) stop websphere (or tomcat in other deployments)
b) repotools-jts.bat -addTables

2. start Server (or Application server only e.g. Websphere, Tomcat)

3. Reset JTS and CCM

https://clmserver01.company.com/jts/admin/cmd/requestReset
https://clmserver01.company.com/ccm/admin/cmd/requestReset  

4. Restart

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.