It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Manage Project Area

Aamir Hirani (3610) | asked Oct 16 '12, 11:40 a.m.
The Access Control of a Project Area is set to No One (Administrators Only), I being the administrator of that particular project am unable to connect to. What is / could be the issue here ? This project has no team members.
Secondly, if only the Jazz Administrator can see my project and not myself (Project Administrator) then what is the use of this option ?

Though In the overview tab of the project in the administrator section it says:

"Note that project administrators have the privilege to modify a project area even if no permissions are granted to make changes. This privilege applies only to changes to the process specification, team area membership, and role assignments. This also applies to all team areas and their customizations."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I login to  access My Project Area it gives me the following error:

Error!

The project sms3 does not exist or is not accessible with your credentials.
If you have JazzAdmins privileges you can investigate the problem in the Jazz Admin Web UI.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Project Area, it does not show me the link to my particular project and when I move out for e.g. to the dashboard it does not show that particular there or any where else for that matter.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Weinand (7851) | answered Oct 16 '12, 12:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The reason that exists are many.  Perhaps an organization has a JazzAdmins who sets up all the project areas and doesn't want anyone connecting to it until it's fully configured or maybe a problem happens with it and they want to instantly shut down access until the issue is resolved.  Not sure but if you are only a member of the project administration than you won't be able to access that until the access control level is changed to one that allows it.  JazzAdmins have much greater visibility to artifacts than a project admin does.

Don
Jazz Process Developer
Jared Burns selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Oct 16 '12, 1:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you want your own project area that only you (and JazzAdmins) can access, then set the access control to members only and have yourself be the only member and the only administrator.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.