It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to delete a component in RTC 4.0?

kuo hao tah (1142830) | asked Oct 14 '12, 6:38 p.m.
edited Oct 14 '12, 7:47 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
Hi there,

Is it possible to delete a component in RTC 4.0? I've heard before that the only option is to rename them, or 'move' them to a trash project area. However, i've also seen an option so far to 'remove' a component from a stream, just wondering if that means that the component is deleted altogether.

Thanks,

KH

Comments
kuo hao tah commented Oct 14 '12, 6:39 p.m.

Correction, i  meant to ask,

"Is it possible to DELETE a component in RTC 4.0"

kuo hao tah commented Oct 14 '12, 6:43 p.m.

Could we also confirm that it is possible to delete streams, as well as rename them, as well as move them to different project areas? My understanding is that all of this is possible, but please correct me if I’m wrong.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 14 '12, 7:49 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, it is not possible to delete a component.   You can remove a component from a stream, but that doesn't delete the component itself.  You can delete a stream, rename a stream, and change the ownership of a stream from one project area to another.

Comments
Frank Ning commented Oct 16 '12, 8:25 p.m.

Hi Geoffrey,

I recall we could do this in RTC V2.2 through the WebUI. It was removed/"fixed" on purpose?

Do you think it is reasonable to project a feature to allow JazzADMIN to really delete some components and even projects in CLM for certain reasons like clean up databases for very old or out-of-service products etc?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 17 '12, 1:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You never could actually "delete" a component (removing it from a stream/workspace might have made it appear that you deleted it, but you didn't ... it still exists in the repository).  And yes, it is a reasonable thing to want to do ... it is work item Enable the deletion of components from the RTC Client (93126).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.