It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Replacing with a baseline always creates a backup baseline?

Matt Hauck (3635) | asked Oct 12 '12, 6:09 p.m.
edited Oct 18 '12, 1:01 p.m.
 It is a bit unfortunate that every time I replace a component w/ a version from another baseline (something that happens quite often when working w/ multiple branches at the same time), it creates a backup baseline. It seems like this will quickly clutter my baseline history. 

Is there a way to not create these or to delete them? Or do they only get created under situations where the replace with did not succeed?

Thanks.

edit: it appears that I get a backup baseline every time I "Replace with" on my component w/ "Latest from main", "Latest from 1.3", etc. Anybody able to help here?

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Oct 18 '12, 1:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The backup is created whenever there isn't a baseline describing the configuration that you're replacing. This is to provide a way to go back to the old configuration and is part of the replacement operation. I think you might be able to remove the component from your workspace and readd it from the stream. That might provide you with a configuration history identical to the stream. You would always have to do this "maintenance" on your configuration history since there isn't an automatic way of getting what you want.

Is there a reason you're worried about a cluttered baseline history? This should not be a performance issue. If there is, please open a defect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.