It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I create a TER Count report by status?

Jason Kozar (1388) | asked Oct 12 '12, 12:22 p.m.

I am fairly new to RQM version 3.0.1.  I am trying to create a TER count for test cases ran, not ran, incomplete etc.  When I view the Test Case Execution Records I have more than 200.  When I run the report named Execution Status by TER Count, I only get 65 results even when selecting all of the options.  Any idea what I am doing wrong.  I am not using milestones for this but I am not sure if that matters or not.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jason

Comments
Mark Victory commented Oct 12 '12, 1:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Jason,

If you run the Execution Status by TER Count report and select all the Test Plans in the Test Plan parameter (don't select any other parameters) do all the TERs get counted?
If you run the TER Listing report (again just selecting all the Test Plans) do the TERs get listed?
Mark

Jason Kozar commented Oct 12 '12, 1:12 p.m.

Hi Mark,

I tried both of those options and still only get the same 65 results.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Mark Victory commented Oct 12 '12, 1:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Jason, I bet I know what the problem is.
The reports are showing only the TERs that are members of the selected Test Plans. Most likely the TERs that are not appearing in the reports are not associated with any Test Plan.  I do that all the time when testing.  I generate the TER without remembering to choose a Test Plan to associated it with.

2 answers

permanent link
James Paulus (20622135) | answered Oct 12 '12, 12:24 p.m.
edited Oct 12 '12, 12:25 p.m.
In order to do this, we actually went into Cognos and built a custom report instead of using a predefined report.   We never did anything with milestones so there is nothing to worry about there.

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Oct 21 '12, 8:00 a.m.
edited Oct 21 '12, 8:01 a.m.
Hi Jason

Is your issue solved?
Like Mark said, could you please check if all the TER's are associated to the selected test plan.

If yes, then you probably might need to check if the dataware house jobs have run successfully for jts and qm applications.
This can be verified at the admin page of the application:
https://<servername>:9443/jts/admin
https://<servername>:9443/qm/admin

Best Regards
Rajat

Comments
Rajat Singh commented Oct 21 '12, 8:01 a.m. | edited Oct 21 '12, 8:03 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.