It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does "Auto Clean" for zOS RTC Packages work?

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Oct 12 '12, 9:08 a.m.
retagged Nov 01 '12, 3:53 p.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
I am trying to clarify how the "Auto Clean" function for zOS RTC  packages  work and I am finding very little documentation on it. I have run a test where I deleted the package result and set the "Auto Clean" flag on and after a couple of hours the package results are still under the package root USS folder. Also when a package result is "cleaned" does it also clean up the corresponding deploy results?

3 answers

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Oct 15 '12, 5:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Donald
I agree, the documentation is very lacking. I have opened 236720:Auto Clean option in deployment is lacking. 

I believe that the way it works is the next time you package something it is supposed to perform the auto clean on any package results deleted. There is not a scheduled job that runs.

Guy

Comments
Donald Poulin commented Oct 15 '12, 3:31 p.m.

Hi Guy:

Actually after 2-3 hours of testing  various scenarios it seems that there is a delay of about 30 minutes from the time you delete a package result and the time that it becomes a "candidate" for removal the next time you run a package request.  So if you delete a package result and then request a package run right after - the result is not deleted. I also found that there is only one deploy "folder" for a specific package/deploy "pair" even though you could have a number of package folders from a number of package request runs. So for a specific package/deploy pair - when you run a package request a new USS folder of results is created for the package but the "single" deploy folder has it's content's replaced.

permanent link
Aishwarya Hariharan (41) | answered Oct 15 '12, 6:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Donald,

Selecting the Auto clean option turns on the automatic cleanup of packages from the package root directory ( This works by deleting the packaging results that you want deleted from the package root directory. Under the default setting the user will have to wait for 30 minutes after the package result is deleted and then on the next create package... action the auto clean will take place. This can be changed by changing the property “Build Result Pruner Task Fixed Delay (seconds)” on the server in the Change and Configuration Management Advanced Properties page.

Also with regards to the package/deploy pair, when a 'Load and Deploy' is requested, the package is loaded to the 'Deployed Package root directory' first and is then deployed to the specified PDS. Once a deployment is completed the package is deleted from the 'Deployed Package root directory'. When a 'Load' is requested, the packages will be loaded to the 'Deployed Package root directory' and will be stored there till a 'Deploy' is requested.

permanent link
Stephanie Taylor (24115) | answered Nov 01 '12, 3:40 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Donald,
We added more information to the help on the auto clean option. The new topic will be live in the Jazz.net information center next week at this link:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/t_ee_package_autoclean.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.