It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

why the change set table in RTC is enpty?through birt

Bin Qi (2123) | asked Oct 12 '12, 2:59 a.m.
customer want to get some report through birt. we can get work item data from rtc but the changeset table are empty? Do some one meet the same problem? what's wrong with it? The table of change set has no data,or the birt has something wrong? Thanks a lot~~

5 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Oct 12 '12, 6:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
Have the data collection jobs been run recently?  You can kick them off manually by authenticating as an admin user, clicking the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner, choosing Manage Reports, and then Run all data warehouse collection jobs.

permanent link
Bin Qi (2123) | answered Oct 12 '12, 9:57 p.m.
I run the data warehouse job again,
all other table ,such link ,work item have record,except the changeset table
but the changeset table is very import for our customer

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Oct 15 '12, 6:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not sure why the changeset table is empty.  Perhaps someone else can give you some advice.

permanent link
Bin Qi (2123) | answered Oct 15 '12, 7:42 a.m.
Thank you Lauren.
I found the reason.
I must give the value of parameter of CS_ITEM_ID

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Oct 15 '12, 7:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm glad you got it working!

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Oct 18 '12, 9:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 As a followup - glad you've figured this out. The change set "table" actually isn't stored in the data warehouse at all; BIRT accesses this data directly from the operational data store. As such, we designed this data set in such a way that it requires the change set item id (so we don't try to query for all change sets in the system, for example).

james

permanent link
Leonardo Marzo (24964852) | answered Jul 07 '14, 5:39 p.m.
 Is it possible to get the change sets between two baselines? Given that you need to provide the CS_ITEM_ID, is it possible to get the change sets created between two dates ? 

I´ll appreciate your help. 

Thanks, 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.