It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz build engine (jbe) timestamp problem.

Rajesh Bhagat (122) | asked Oct 11 '12, 2:46 p.m.
edited Oct 11 '12, 6:13 p.m. by David Olsen (5237)
The timestamp when I start up our jbe is 4 hours ahead of the setting on the machine on which it is run.

Where does the jbe get its time, and how can I sync it up with the machine on which it is run?

For some reason, when the build runs and unjars a file from the network, it moves the timestamp of that file back by 4 hours, causing grief when trying to track builds and errors.

Thanks,
Rajesh Bhagat.

2 answers

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Oct 11 '12, 6:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The JBE gets its time from the machine on which it is running.  So my first guess would be a timezone problem.  Either the JBE thinks it is running in the wrong timezone, or the operating system itself is set to the wrong timezone (so that when you think you are setting the machine to the correct time, you are actually setting it four hours ahead).

Comments
Rajesh Bhagat commented Oct 12 '12, 8:59 a.m.

David, thanks for your response.

I run the "time" command in the DOS window before running the JBE command, and the time matches that of the build machine where JBE is run.

Is there a way to adjust how JBE picks this time up?

Thanks,
Rajesh Bhagat.

David Olsen commented Oct 15 '12, 4:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't know enough about how time is handled on Windows machines to be much more help here.

permanent link
Rajesh Bhagat (122) | answered Oct 19 '12, 11:57 a.m.
I recycled the build machine, but still had the problem.

Then I tried to change the Windows server time zone to something different, saved, then changed back to my timezone. Then recycled the build machine. This seemed to do the trick.

The build machine time is now synced with the jbe time.

Comments
Brian DiCola commented Apr 07 '14, 1:05 p.m.

Was there ever a response to this?   

sam detweiler commented Apr 07 '14, 1:17 p.m.

on windows the comamnd prompt utility 

tzuil /g 
will get the current timezone setting 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.