It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can we create base lines from Change set history in RTC

Rao Shines (15945162) | asked Oct 10 '12, 2:41 p.m.
 Hi All,

We are trying to migrating our source code from TFS to RTC, we are able to get the history of change sets but unable to get the Tags(Baselines in RTC) imported. Is there a way we can create he baselines in RTC manually from a particular chageset?

Any help in this regard would behelpful...

Thanks,
Teja.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 10 '12, 7:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To create RTC baselines, you would accept the imported change sets in order into an RTC workspace, until you reached the change-set that you wanted to baseline, and create a new RTC baseline in that workspace.  You can then continue accepting change sets until you reach the next change set you want to baseline, and iterate.  You probably would want to create a script to do this, if you have a lot of baselines you want to recreate.

Comments
Rao Shines commented Oct 11 '12, 7:45 a.m.

Thanks for the response, can you please clarify the following

1. Can I import change sets from either Stream/other Repository Workspace?
2. Do i need to load my entire code from the component before starting the process?
3. Can i accept changesets from one component to other and create baselines?
4. Do we have any article/tutorial which provides more informaiton on this process.

Thanks in advance. 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 11 '12, 12:25 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

1.  You create change sets in an RTC repository workspace (more precisely, in an RTC file area sandbox that is associated with a repository workspace).  Once you have created a change set, you can accept it into either a workspace or a stream.
2. No, you do not have to load any files into a sandbox in order to create a baseline.   Just accept the change sets into the repository workspace, and baseline that repository workspace.
3. A change set is associated with exactly one component.  But you can add that component to any workspace or stream (assuming you have read permission on that component, and write permission on that workspace or stream).
4. There are various articles on jazz.net describing RTC's SCM behavior ... does someone have a particular article they think is best for this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.