It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Advanced Burndown Report

Tal Rabinovitch (4721615) | asked Oct 10 '12, 5:44 a.m.
 Hi, 
I'm trying to use the Advanced Burndown Chart available in RTC but the graph results in empty bars.
I configured my project area as needed (I think) having a release plan with child iterations, but when executing the report the created chart show empty bars (which should represent the story point of the required work).
Can anyone help ?

Thanks.

Comments
Alanna Zito commented Oct 11 '12, 9:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Tal,

Have you selected any teams as a parameter to your report?  If so, could you try running the report again with no teams selected (i.e., run the report for all teams).

Also, can you check the "Data" section at the bottom of the report?  This section shows some of the data that is being used to calculate the chart, including the release iteration, release date, a breakdown of the % of story points in each priority, etc.  Do you notice anything in this section that looks wrong (e.g., wrong release date being used)?

Tal Rabinovitch commented Oct 11 '12, 9:57 a.m.

Hi, 

No teams still produces the same results.
The Data section shows the actual problem as well - dates are fine, but story points are all zeros.   :(

Alanna Zito commented Oct 12 '12, 11:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Tal,

It doesn't seem likely that this is your problem, but looking at the report, one other thing that would cause it to ignore story points is if the story is planned for the release (instead of one of the child iterations) and has already been resolved - any chance that applies to some (or all) of your stories?  

Another thing to check is your process template - what process template is your project using?  Has it been customized at all (in particular the complexity attribute)?

Also, forgot to ask - what version of RTC are you using?

One answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Oct 10 '12, 7:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Tal,
Underneath the report, I see the following info:
* INFO: This burndown report will create predictions based on release backlog size in complexity points and previous velocity.  To create the full chart, ensure that you have specified an end date for the release and that you have created and selected iterations up to the release end date.  Note that if you create new iterations, you must also update the data warehouse snapshots for this report to recognize those new iterations.

Have you specified an end date for the release and created and selected iterations up to the release end date?  If the data collection jobs have not been run recently, you can kick them off manually by authenticating as an admin user, clicking the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner, choosing Manage Reports, and then Run all data warehouse collection jobs.

Comments
Tal Rabinovitch commented Oct 10 '12, 7:46 a.m.

Hi, 

The iterations are well defined with start and end dates which are synced to the release dates (release end date is the exact end date of the last iteration), but even if that was not the case, it should only affected the velocity line and estimated end date and not the actual work size.
As for the data collection jobs, I don't think I have the permissions to kick them off manually but I do see that they are being executed each night, so that is probably not the reason either.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.