It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ClearQuest RTC Error on Sync....What does Error CRRTC4525E mean ?

Fred Bickford (281632) | asked Oct 08 '12, 2:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Using the ClearQuest[8.0.0.4]<--->RTC[4.0.0.1] synchronizer, I have setup the mapping for just about all the fields between the two tools(working well syncing basic defect items to work items etc..)...

When trying to set up the mapping of clearquest notes entries to RTC comments, I get an error (in the Eclipse sync status window:)

Outgoing at 10/8/12 2:16:41 PM EDT
Error occurred:
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: CRRTC4641E: Error processing CQ record SAMPL00000045. null
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: CRRTC4641E: Error processing CQ record SAMPL00000045. null

Looking at the tomcat session that is open, I get a little more:

08 Oct 2012 12:18:26,298 [Change Event Processor for localhost(9444)] ERROR com.ibm.rational.interop.level1                     - Exception
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: CRRTC4525E: There was an error parsing the Notes_Log field. If you are not using the standa
rd Notes package, you should probably not synchronize notes.
        at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.jazzgateway.JazzInteropEventHandlerUsingRestClient.formatNotes(JazzInteropEventHandlerUsingRestClient.java:211)
        at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.jazzgateway.JazzInteropEventHandlerUsingRestClient.stateBasedOnSyncRule(JazzInteropEventHandlerUsingRestClient.java:2
83)
        at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.jazzgateway.JazzInteropEventHandlerUsingRestClient.handleUpdateEvent(JazzInteropEventHandlerUsingRestClient.java:800)

at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.jazzgateway.JazzGateway.update(JazzGateway.java:119)
        at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQChangeEventProcessor.processChangeRecord(CQChangeEventProcessor.java:97)
        at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQChangeEventProcessor.run(CQChangeEventProcessor.java:139)
Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1093)
        at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.teamapi.common.internal.CQNoteEntry.parseContents(CQNoteEntry.java:166)
        at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.teamapi.common.internal.CQNoteEntry.parseCQContents(CQNoteEntry.java:141)
        at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.jazzgateway.JazzInteropEventHandlerUsingRestClient.formatNotes(JazzInteropEventHandlerUsingRestClient.java:208)
        ... 5 more

In looking at the online link provided in the error's ooutput in Eclipse client, it directs me to:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.messages.CLMic%2FCRRTC4641E.html

which is blank(not helpful)

in looking at the error that comes up each time during outbound sync tries... I have the Notes 5.1 CQ Package(Schema is an OOTB defect tracking schema, not customized at all)

Anyone have any suggestions ?

Fred Bickford

2 answers

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Oct 10 '12, 5:26 p.m.
Fred --

You might also want to check out this help topic:  Mapping comments to notes log entries.  Let me know if this topic helps or if we need to add anything to it to make it clearer.

Ken

permanent link
Matthew Alexander (18126) | answered Oct 09 '12, 3:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Fred,

In the synchronization rule, did you set the "Value Transformer" field to "Work Items Comments Transformer"?  If not, you could look at the same synchronization rules to see how to map the Comments/Notes_Log fields.  Sample synchronization rules are located in the /gateway/sample/syncRules directory. 

If the synchronization rule looks correct, could you tell me if this error is happening for every record that is synched?  Is there something unique about the RTC comments that could be causing a problem (any special characters, for example)?  Could you share the contents of your RTC comments?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.