It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I Modify the Columns in a Kanban View?

Gary Mullen-Schultz (28725536) | asked Oct 05 '12, 10:57 a.m.
By default, the columns in in Kanban (with the MTM sample app) are "Open," "In Progress," and "Resolved."  How do I change these?  I know they map back to states in a work item (story), but how?

Thanks, Gary

Accepted answer

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Oct 05 '12, 3:24 p.m.

This are the StateGroups you can configure with the Eclipse Client in the Process Configuration. You can define which State belongs to which StateGroup per WorkItem Type. And you can create new StateGroups. They will automatically be displayed in the Taskboard/Kanban view.

BTW: it is not possible to define StateGroups which will not be displayed in the Taskboard/Kanban.

Jared Burns selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 18 '14, 11:27 a.m.
 the order of the columns is alphabetical by state group, open, in progress, closed

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Jan 22 '13, 5:11 a.m.
edited Jan 22 '13, 5:13 a.m.
I have Open,Review,In Progress and Closed and they are not in order as I want. I neew Review state before Closed. How do I do that?

permanent link
Gary Mullen-Schultz (28725536) | answered Oct 05 '12, 4:23 p.m.
Great, thanks! 

Now - is there a way I can configure their order in my Kanban view?  Right now it appears they are in alphabetical order, which puts "Closed" before "Ready for Test."

Thanks, Gary

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.