It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Language settings for the windows shell

Martin Wassermann (13864144) | asked Oct 05 '12, 8:09 a.m.
I have a German window installation, but I want to use the RTC windows shell with in English. Is there a setting or configuration option to set the language of the RTC shell?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Oct 09 '12, 10:27 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The RTC Shell Client will take the language of the Windows OS. We don't have a separate language selector. I've heard this request from a couple of other users though, so I've created a work item to track this at Add a language selector in the Shell Client that lets the user pick a language different from the OS language (235812).

Cheers
--Rupa
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 05 '12, 8:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 05 '12, 8:54 a.m.
Hi Martin,

I feel with you 8-).

Please see: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/58194/how-to-start-rtc-server-in-english

I set -Duser.language=en_US in the server startup (tomcat) as well as in the .ini files for the jbe, the scm command-line and the eclipse client. I also set the browser language to English.
The files mentioned are called scm.ini, jbe.ini and eclipse.ini. My change is to append this line to the .ini files.

-Duser.language=en_US

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 05 '12, 8:56 a.m.

Sigh, I misinterpreted your question.You are talking about the "Team Concert Shell". I have no Idea, it comes up in English. I did not install the German language packs.

Martin Wassermann commented Oct 09 '12, 4:18 a.m.

In my company we use a centralized installation tool. So our users can’t choose which language packs they want to install. And some users prefer English as language in the RTC Tools, some others German. That’s why I search for a configuration setting.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 09 '12, 4:28 a.m.

I forwarded the question to someone who might be able to help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.