It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using the SCM command line in builds: Authentication

Rob Logie (33825041) | asked Oct 04 '12, 4:03 p.m.
 Hi 
I am working the the example code in the article "Using the SCM command line in builds" by Evan Hughes.  I am having a problem getting it working.  
I have loaded the project in recipe.deliver and I am trying to get the script recipe1.deliver.ant working.
Initially I was getting the error "The following error occurred while executing this line"" and nothing else when it tried to execute the "_scm-checkin" task.
I then reran the buld with the ANT -debug option and I found this error:

Setting project property: cs -> Proplem running 'checkin':
Could not login:
Uncaught exception from user code:
Could not find \(([^)]+)\) in Could not log into https://rtcserver:9443/ccm/
at run_and_filter.pl line 11

Does anyone know what is going wrong?

One thing I did notice in the example build script and snippets is they there does not seem to be any tasks that actually have the userid nor password to the jazz server.  Vs in the various and tasks that come with RTC they usually have a repositoryAddress,  UserID and Password (or passwordFile) option to authenticate against the server.
How is the authentication managed in the recipe.deliver.ant and cli.snippets.ant ?

Thanks in advance

Rob

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Oct 08 '12, 12:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
At the top of the article under "Basic Configuration" third bullet point, it mentions that you need to login to the repository with the build user account or the user account you expect to run these tasks. Have you done that?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.