It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to tell what content user has deleted ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Oct 04 '12, 10:05 a.m.
User reports loosing absences on their RTC profile.   Looking at the REPOSITORY.CONTRIBUTOR_ABSENCES table only 1 row exists for user raising the issue.  Looking further I notice a REPOSITORY.DELETED_ITEMS and query that table on the UUID of the user.   There are 25 rows clustered around a few dates, but the ITEM_TYPE_DBID are 54,73 and 109.

Do any/all of those relate to absences ?

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Oct 19 '12, 4:03 p.m.
Ok, by observation I think ITEM_TYPE_DBID = 54 is absence.  I did the following:

db2 "select item_type_dbid,count(*) from repository.deleted_items where deleted_by='UUID of me'  group by item_type_dbid" 

Got:
ITEM_TYPE_DBID 2         
-------------- -----------
             2         242
            21           1
            28         247
            39           1
            40           1
            43           1

I then deleted the 1 absence on my profile and re-ran the above query:

ITEM_TYPE_DBID 2         
-------------- -----------
             2         242
            21           1
            28         247
            39           1
            40           1
            43           1
            54           1

[ uid of me from db2 "select item_id from repository.contributor where email like 'ramerk%'"  ]

permanent link
Chris McGee (50511117) | answered Oct 12 '12, 10:24 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We do not support accessing the RTC database directly. If users are losing absences then please raise a defect against RTC and the problem can be addressed there.

Thanks

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Oct 13 '12, 9:25 a.m.

All I wanted to know is do those ITEM_TYPE_DBID relate to absences.  I'm not about updating the database, etc.  I just want to tell the user whether or not the deletions are absences; I already can associate the deletions with the user's account.

Also, as v4 is on our close horizon I don't see the point in opening a defect on the current version.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.