It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does my RTC query get a socket time out exception, CRJAZ0099I, and project disconnected?

Charles Cruse (1521213) | asked Oct 04 '12, 9:31 a.m.
I have a project that is fairly small.
It involves a plug-in and a process template from another group.
When I issue one of the Predefined queries - i.e. Open created by me - it finds the appropriate 47 work items in less than a second.
The group that supplied the plug-in has additional queries added to the Predefined query set - i.e., type=x, where x is there new work item type.  I know I have about 50 of those new work item types defined.  Most times (70-80 percent?), when I run this query, it runs for about a minute, then I get a socket timeout exception, the CRJAZ0099I message is seen, and the project is logged off.  Occasionally, the query work; when it does work, it only takes a few seconds.
I have worked with the other group and they are not able to see how their process and new work item type would affect a simple query by work item type.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

One answer

permanent link
Charles Cruse (1521213) | answered Oct 04 '12, 3:50 p.m.
At the advice of  the plugin provider, I referenced http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21440415 and changed the Active Provider from Native to Direct.  So far, it looks like that has fixed my problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.