It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does my RTC query get a socket time out exception, CRJAZ0099I, and project disconnected?

Charles Cruse (1521213) | asked Oct 04 '12, 9:31 a.m.
I have a project that is fairly small.
It involves a plug-in and a process template from another group.
When I issue one of the Predefined queries - i.e. Open created by me - it finds the appropriate 47 work items in less than a second.
The group that supplied the plug-in has additional queries added to the Predefined query set - i.e., type=x, where x is there new work item type.  I know I have about 50 of those new work item types defined.  Most times (70-80 percent?), when I run this query, it runs for about a minute, then I get a socket timeout exception, the CRJAZ0099I message is seen, and the project is logged off.  Occasionally, the query work; when it does work, it only takes a few seconds.
I have worked with the other group and they are not able to see how their process and new work item type would affect a simple query by work item type.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

One answer

permanent link
Charles Cruse (1521213) | answered Oct 04 '12, 3:50 p.m.
At the advice of  the plugin provider, I referenced http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21440415 and changed the Active Provider from Native to Direct.  So far, it looks like that has fixed my problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.