It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why doesn't the "Implements Requirement" link show up in the RRC requirement?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Oct 03 '12, 7:12 a.m.
Hello,

I have an RRC project area linked to an RTC project area, both version 3.0.1.1.

I created a text requirement in RRC and linked it via the "Implemented By" link to a work item in RTC.  The link shows up in the RTC work item as an "Implements Requirement" link, but it does not show up under the Links section of the requirement.  When consulting the history of the requirement, there is an "added" change that refers to the "Implemented By" link that I added.

What is wrong?  How can I fix?  Help!

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Nov 26 '13, 12:19 a.m.
Hi, Andrew

You should have hit the same issue reported here:
https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=50609

It was fixed in 3.0.1.3 and higher version.

Don

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Oct 03 '12, 2:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When a link is created between a work item and requirement, it appears in the work item links tab as "Implements Requirement" and in the requirement links sidebar as "Implemented By". These are the two ends of the same link.

Is the "Implemented By" link not appearing in the requirement sidebar, except when you look in the history?

If this is the case do you have a lot of links for that requirement which might mean the links are paged and the "Implemented By" is only on the last page of the sidebar? 

If this is not the problem then there might be a permissions problem do you see anything in the RM server logs?

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Oct 03 '12, 3:17 p.m.

Hello Robin,

Thank you for the reply.  The "Implemented By" link is visibile as soon as it is saved, but when I leave the requirement and come back, it has disappeared.  This is the only link that I am creating for the requirement.

There is nothing in the RM server logs either.

I have no idea what this could be.  Since the server is connected to AD via LDAP, I thought it might have something to do with the system users (rm_user and ccm_user) since I did not have them created in AD, but they are DB users and shouldn't need to be created in AD.

Robin Bater commented Oct 03 '12, 4:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just confirming that when you create the link in RRC, you see a "Saving Link(s) ..." appear at the top of the artifact editor, and then when the saving is complete, that the "Implemented By" link appears in the sidebar and the link count has increased by 1?

With the link in the sidebar you navigate away from the artifact to somewhere else in RRC and when you return back to the same artifact the link count is 1 smaller and the link is no longer in the sidebar?

I don't know why that would happen but it would suggest that the link is not being saved by the server so when you return to artifact page and it is refreshed from the server you are seeing the true state on the server.

Now the user you are using in RRC is that user also in the RTC project area? I am wondering if this is permission problem where you have permission to create the "Implements Requirement" in RTC but the permission for RTC to create the "Implemented By" in RRC is failing?  Is there anything in the ccm.log?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.