It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is the ENUMERATION table in the WORKITEMS snapshot empty?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Oct 03 '12, 2:36 a.m.
 Hello,

I am creating a BIRT report for RTC 3.0.1.1 and I am trying to convert enumeration literal values into their string equivalents.  I have found the ENUMERATIONS table under the WORKITEMS snapshot, but it is empty!

How do I populate this table?  I have followed the instructions here

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rcpr.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_running_the_data_collection_jobs.html

to set up the data collecter, but the ENUMERATIONS table stays empty.

How can I populate this data?

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

Accepted answer

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered Oct 03 '12, 9:17 a.m.
edited Oct 03 '12, 9:25 a.m.
Ahh... my fault, It's actually a Live table...not a table in the data mart. It isn't affected by the data collection jobs you just ran....

Enumerations
  • Type: Live table
  • Description: Information about a work item enumeration in the repository. This is a live view into the repository, and does not come from data stored in the data warehouse.
I just tried adding a new value to one of my enumerations and I can immediately see that value by pointing a BIRT data set to the enumeration table. Here is the screen shots:

Andrew Trobec selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Oct 03 '12, 9:33 a.m. | edited Oct 03 '12, 9:35 a.m.

I have been making regular modifications to my enumerations, but my table remains blank.  

Are you using RTC 3.0.1.1?  What happens when you remove you parameter values?  Do you still get results?

Clement Liu commented Oct 03 '12, 9:38 a.m. | edited Oct 03 '12, 9:40 a.m.

Did you provide the correct value for the ENUMERATION_ID parameter as shown in the 2nd screen shot above? :)

My RTC version is 3.0.1.2 but that shouldn't matter...

Andrew Trobec commented Oct 03 '12, 9:42 a.m.

I am not providing any ID, hoping that it will pull all data.

I have access to two RTC 3.0.1.1 application servers and I have the same issue on both of them.

Clement Liu commented Oct 03 '12, 9:46 a.m.

Did you provide the PROJECT_AREA_ITEMID then? 

Andrew Trobec commented Oct 03 '12, 9:52 a.m.

Clement you BEAUTY!  Providing the PROJECT_AREA_ITEMID pulls data!

For all other datasets I don't need to set parameters to retrieve data.  For this one I do...

I was hoping an action literal would be stored here to retrieve the action name between state transitions.  Do you know where that is stored by any chance?  If not I'll dig deeper.

Thank you very much for your help!

Clement Liu commented Oct 03 '12, 10:15 a.m.

:) Glad I can help you out. Can you accept my above answer (the one with the screen shots)?  Thanks.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

3 other answers

permanent link
pugazhenthi samidurai (26423942) | answered Oct 03 '12, 9:54 a.m.
Hi,

i hope this will help you.

1. Select the data set type as Jazz Simple Data set.

2. select PROJECT_AREA_ITEMID as parameter?

3. Given the '{Current Project Area}' as default value.

Please ignore if its not relevant to your question.

Regards,

Pugazh S

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered Oct 03 '12, 7:02 a.m.
The link you were referring to is for configuring the ETLs for the JTS data warehouse. The ENUMERATIONS table under the WORKITEMS snapshot is actually in the RTC data mart. I am guessing you have turned on the ETLs for the JTS data warehouse but not for the RTC data mart.

See below screen shot:

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Oct 03 '12, 7:14 a.m.

Hello Clement,

Thank you for the information!

By selecting the Data Mart, will the Data Warehouse be disabled?

Regards,

Andrew

Andrew Trobec commented Oct 03 '12, 8:08 a.m.

Hello again Clement,

I have set all the applications to use the data mart and have run the collection jobs.  Unfortunately the ENUMERATIONS table is still blank.  I have noticed that same table structures have changed, so the WORKITEMS snapshot has definitely been affected, only the table that I need has not been touched.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

Clement Liu commented Oct 03 '12, 8:29 a.m. | edited Oct 03 '12, 8:29 a.m.

You don't have to set it for all apps, only for RTC. Can you double check on the link below that you have turned on the data mart?

You might need to replace the .../jazz/... with .../ccm/... for your environment

Can you attach a full screen shot?

Andrew Trobec commented Oct 03 '12, 8:59 a.m.

Hello Clement,

Please find the requested screenshot:

I have run the jobs multiple times.  Unfortunately the ENUMERATION table does not get updated.

Clement Liu commented Oct 03 '12, 9:06 a.m.

Hrm... that looks all right. How did you find out the ENUMERATION table did not get updated? Directly looking into the database table or via a BIRT data set? 

Andrew Trobec commented Oct 03 '12, 9:19 a.m.

BIRT dataset. 

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered Oct 03 '12, 8:40 a.m.
edited Oct 03 '12, 8:41 a.m.
This is how to turn on the ETLs for both data warehouse and data mart:

1. Set the JTS and RTC to both use the data warehouse instead of datamart. 
2. Set the RTC to Reporting Data Source to Local 

With the above both the Data Warehouse and data mart data collection jobs will run But the BIRT reports will use the data mart. 

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Oct 03 '12, 9:18 a.m.

Hello Clement,

I have set this to local, re-enabled the Data Warehouse and run the collection jobs.  Still nothing in the ENUMERATION table.

I appreciate your support.

Best regards,

Andrew

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.