It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Asset Manager Error in logs

Tony Altamura (121314) | asked Oct 02 '12, 10:41 p.m.
My RAM instance version 7.5.1.1(with latest test fixes) is working fine however there is an exception in the logs which I would like to have resolved, can anyone provide some insight into what may be causing this? Note that I have restored a one day old database seeing I had some issues applying the testfixes.

RAM Debug Log
[10/03/12 12:26:04 EST] CRRAM0001E  5277192 ERROR  ws com.ibm.ram.repository.web.ws.quartz.jobs.AbstractRAMJob - AbstractRAMJob failure
com.ibm.ram.repository.core.IRepositoryAccess$RepositoryException: ORA-01891: Datetime/Interval internal error

at com.ibm.ram.repository.core.sdo.RAMSchemaAccess72$RepoJob.primQueueJob(RAMSchemaAccess72.java:4363)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.core.sdo.RAMSchemaAccess72$RepoJob.primQueueJob(RAMSchemaAccess72.java:4258)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.core.sdo.RAMSchemaAccess72$RepoJob.queueJob(RAMSchemaAccess72.java:4243)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.web.ws.quartz.jobs.AbstractRAMJob.rescheduleJob(AbstractRAMJob.java:175)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.web.ws.quartz.jobs.ImmediateNotificationSenderJob.executeJob(ImmediateNotificationSenderJob.java:68)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.web.ws.quartz.jobs.AbstractRAMJob.execute(AbstractRAMJob.java:89)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:203)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.web.ws.was.quartz.RAMThreadPool$RAMWork.run(RAMThreadPool.java:166)
at com.ibm.ws.asynchbeans.J2EEContext$RunProxy.run(J2EEContext.java:268)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:202)
at com.ibm.ws.asynchbeans.J2EEContext.run(J2EEContext.java:768)
at com.ibm.ws.asynchbeans.WorkWithExecutionContextImpl.go(WorkWithExecutionContextImpl.java:222)
at com.ibm.ws.asynchbeans.ABWorkItemImpl.run(ABWorkItemImpl.java:159)
at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1613)
Caused by: 
java.sql.SQLDataException: ORA-01891: Datetime/Interval internal error

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:445)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:396)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:879)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:450)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:192)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:531)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:207)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForRows(T4CPreparedStatement.java:1044)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1329)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3584)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3665)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:1352)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(WSJdbcPreparedStatement.java:793)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.core.sdo.RAMSchemaAccess72$RepoJob.update(RAMSchemaAccess72.java:4763)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.core.sdo.RAMSchemaAccess72$RepoJob.primQueueJob(RAMSchemaAccess72.java:4360)
... 13 more

One answer

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Oct 03 '12, 12:04 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've seen this once before a long time ago. I don't remember exactly what the problem was.

One thing that comes to mind was there might of been a bug in the JDBC driver. Try upgrading to the latest Oracle 11.2.0.3 JDBC driver. This is completely safe to do, in fact we now require that driver in the next release of RAM because of other bugs.

The other thing I think it could of been was a problem with one of the Oracle indexes on the JOB_QUEUE table. If I remember correctly the fix was I had to manually drop the index on that table and recreate it. The index "RAMSCHEMA.JQ_SEARCH_NDX" is the only one that involves a date/time interval.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.