It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Language Translation resource files getting corrupted

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked Oct 02 '12, 4:36 p.m.
We are using RTC 4.0 and seem to have a problem with some files getting corrupted after we deliver them to RTC. We can submit and get the file out of SVN with no trouble at all. However the same file put into RTC and retrieved gets changed. I read a little thing about Language definitions but we use a different IDE for the builds of this project.

Maybe someone can tell me the difference to:
Preferences > Team > File Content and
Preferences > Team > Jazz Source Control > File Properties

The only difference I see in the two listings is that File Properties has a column for 'Line Delimiter'

We did change the Preference > Workspace > Text file coding to 'Other: ISO-8859-1' but that didn't seem to change anything.

One answer

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Oct 02 '12, 5:21 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
What kind of characters (what language) do you have in your translation files? A quick search tells me that ISO-8859-1 is a single-byte encoding, so I'd be surprised to see this used for translations. We usually use UTF-8 encoding for translations because this supports many more languages.

Comments
Jeff Foege commented Oct 03 '12, 7:04 p.m.

We are looking into this issue a little more to be sure where exactly the corruption is coming from. The developer expressed a possiblity that it might be Netbeans that is doing the corruption. When I find out more I'll reply to this tread.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.