It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is my RTC 3.0.1.4 upgrade to 4.0.0.1 failing at step 1 of jts-upgrade?

Richard Hebron (6078) | asked Oct 02 '12, 12:53 p.m.
edited Oct 02 '12, 12:54 p.m.
jts-upgrade.bat run is failing.  Step 1 (repotools-jts -addTables) produces this message:
2012-10-02 09:23:26,552 CRJAZ1093I The following service class was not activated: "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService"
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" failed during activation.

The setup is Windows 2008 R2 running Apache Tomcat with the tables residing on an IBM i DB2 database.

2 answers

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered Oct 02 '12, 1:41 p.m.
Can you actually copy and paste the full trace of the error in the repotools-jts_addTables.log which should be in the same directory where you run the repotools-jts command? 

permanent link
Richard Hebron (6078) | answered Oct 02 '12, 2:16 p.m.
edited Oct 02 '12, 2:19 p.m.

Script had appended the following line in teamserver.properties with "metadata source\=1"

com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=puff2.oxfordtkg.com;user\=db2iadmin;password\={password}metadata source\=1

Corrected the line to:

com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=puff2.oxfordtkg.com;user\=db2iadmin;password\={password};metadata source\=1

The semi-colon was missing between "{password}" and "metadata source".

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Nov 05 '12, 10:52 a.m. | edited Nov 05 '12, 10:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@rhebronoxford: typically when configuring DB2 as the database for the JTS, the database location requires a trailing semi-colon. Is this not the case for DB2i?

Bo Chulindra commented Nov 05 '12, 11:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I ask this because it looks like the script adds "metadata source/=1" at the end of the location assuming the original location had a trailing semi-colon. Also, the script should have added a semi-colon after "metadata source/=1" as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.