It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

MigrationInProgress Exception

Sany Maamari (13243751) | asked Oct 02 '12, 3:57 a.m.
 Hello all, 
I have a problem that appeared since the migration from Jazz 3.0.1 to Jazz 4.0. As said in the title, the problem is a MigrationInProgress Exception that disallow me to create new users and to finish some Data Collection Jobs. 

I did all the migration script xxx_upgrade.bat but still the migration doesn't seem to finish. 
Does anyone know how to finish the migration process manually ? 

Thank you for the help, 
Sany

2 answers

permanent link
Sany Maamari (13243751) | answered Oct 03 '12, 3:55 a.m.
 Hello Ralph, 
Thank you for your answer.
I managed to solve this issue. Actually, I did all the steps to migrate the Jazz Server including the RRC migration. The problem was that during the migration, the RRC project was empty. 
What I did was unregister the RM application in JTS. 
Remove all references of RM in JTS using the repotools-jts.bat -deleteJFSResources <RM key>
Reindex the server using repotools-jts.bat -reindex
Then reregister the RM application. 

Worked great instantly
Sany

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 02 '12, 6:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 02 '12, 6:03 a.m.
Samy,

you most likely did not finish the online upgrade of RRC. See http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp

Cite:
  Open your browser, clear the browser cache, and navigate to the Requirements Manager web client. Specify the server name and port in the following URL: https://hostname.example.com:port/rm/web/projects/migration. The default port is 9443. This page detects that a migration is in progress and starts the Migration wizard.
    Accept the Rational Requirements Composer - Analyst Client Access license.
    Click Open the Upgrade Service Panel and click Next in the upgrade wizard to start the Rational Requirements Composer upgrade. Status is reported to the administrator on the migration web page about which storage area is being processed and when it has begun indexing while the upgrade is in progress.

Important: After the upgrade begins, you cannot cancel this operation until the upgrade is complete.
    After the upgrade is complete, the Rational Requirements Composer data is reindexed.
    After the reindexing is complete, the application performs validation and consistency checks on the migrated data and provides feedback to the administrator. The message "The Upgrade is complete" is displayed. Click Close. You will be redirected to the Rational Requirements Composer application.
    After the server has started, perform a Publish Service Initialize at https://[hostname.example.com]:9443/[application context root]/publish/initialize.

Please make sure this step has been performed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.