It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

A lot of error message CRRTC4720E.

Sylvain Dulude (1111) | asked Sep 28 '12, 10:24 a.m.
retagged Oct 04 '12, 6:29 p.m. by Matthew Alexander (18126)
 Hi, you have a lot of this error message in our ccm.log file:

2012-09-24 23:59:08,846 [ ccm: AsynchronousTaskRunner-1] ERROR com.ibm.team.interop                                - CRRTC4720E: Exception during periodic outgoing synchronization

We will like to have some details about this error message.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

13 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 31 '13, 4:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Error CRRTC4720E happens when the Interop service, likely for ClearQuest synchronizer (but could be for interoperation with some other external tool) hits an error in its processing.  In the original error reported here, it was apparently due to a sync rule referring to a missing external repository connection item.  This is very early in the sync process, so it would not be creating any new items, and thus would not be responsible for increasing paging space.

permanent link
Luba Tchernaia (1) | answered Jan 31 '13, 4:02 p.m.
Error 500 practically disappeared after Oracle parameter was changed. The question is - could error CRRTC4720E causes  sudden increase of paging space. 

permanent link
Luba Tchernaia (1) | answered Jan 31 '13, 4:02 p.m.
Error 500 practically disappeared after Oracle parameter was changed. The question is - could error CRRTC4720E causes  sudden increase of paging space. 

permanent link
Matthew Alexander (18126) | answered Jan 31 '13, 3:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Luba,

I am not certain what is causing your problem.  Do you have the info Nick Edgar asked earlier?

permanent link
Luba Tchernaia (1) | answered Jan 31 '13, 2:15 p.m.
Hi Matthew,

At least one a month, RTC is down, because paging space increased rapidly on Unix AIX server.
Do you think that error CRRTC4720E could be a reason for increasing page space?
Even we have environ 1440 errors every day in CCM log, RTC falls 2-3 times in month.

Any ideas? Thank you

permanent link
Matthew Alexander (18126) | answered Oct 05 '12, 1:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Luba,

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what the 500 Error could be.  I'll see if someone else can help.

For the CRRTC4720E message, you could make sure that outgoing synchronization is disabled through your server admin web UI, and you can delete any external repository connections if they exist.

permanent link
Luba Tchernaia (1) | answered Oct 05 '12, 11:49 a.m.
Hi Matthew,

'500 Error' id a main problem. We are going to upgrade WAS from 7.0.14 to 7.0.0.25 hoping that it helps with this error. All other ideas, would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Comments
Nick Edgar commented Oct 09 '12, 12:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

We would need more details about the 500 error.  What is the full stack trace on the client side (from the JBE console output and/or build logs), and what are any corresponding entries in the CCM server log?

permanent link
Matthew Alexander (18126) | answered Oct 04 '12, 6:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Luba,

So you think the Error 500 messages you are seeing when running builds could be causing CRRTC4720E: Exception during periodic outgoing synchronization?

I'm adding an scm tag to your question to see if the scm team has any ideas.

permanent link
Luba Tchernaia (1) | answered Oct 04 '12, 5:23 p.m.
Hi Matthew,
We are not use ClearQuest Synchronizer and ClearQuest.
Use RTC as standalone product.  We have 'Error 500' message that builds are run for big steams

permanent link
Luba Tchernaia (1) | answered Oct 03 '12, 11:05 a.m.
Exception references to a record not found in database

2012-10-03 00:00:59,652 [ ccm: AsynchronousTaskRunner-4] ERROR com.ibm.team.interop                              
 - CRRTC4720E: Exception during periodic outgoing synchronization
com.ibm.team.repository.common.ItemNotFoundException: CRJAZ0215I The following record was not found in the database: com.ibm.team.intero.common.internal.impl.ExternalRepositoryConnectionHandleImpl@534c534c (stateId: <unset>, itemId: [UUID _RJ_e4FrFEeCyosYWBTWsuA], origin:
<unset>, immutable: <unset>)

Any ideas? Thank you

Comments
Matthew Alexander commented Oct 03 '12, 4:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Luba & Sylvain,

Could you please confirm to me if you are using the ClearQuest Synchronizer in your environment?  If not, are you using a different connector for some kind of integration?

If you are using the ClearQuest Synchronizer, are you seeing any synchronization errors?  Does the gateway show any problems?

If you are integrating with another product such as ClearQuest, do you have an external repository created?  Do you have sync rules created?  I would double-check those to make sure they look correct.

Have you noticed any other sort of problems, or is this more of an annoying message that appears in the logs?

Thank you.

Matthew Alexander commented Oct 03 '12, 5:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Also, is there any more stack trace information in the log besides the lines you posted?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.