It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create a RQM Test Plan automatically from an external program?

Halil BAHADIR (3322020) | asked Sep 28 '12, 6:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

How can I create a RQM test plan from an external program. Is there any API for this?

We want to create Test plan in RRC related to each demand coming from demand management product. Test Plan name must be the same with the Demand ID. When it is created testers add test cases to the test plan. Creating a test plan manually is risky because if tester writes the name of the test plan wrong, it is very hard to find the right test plan for dev and BA team.

Regards,
Halil

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 01 '12, 9:39 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I recommend the OSLC API, as long as it supports the test resources that you require.

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 01 '12, 9:23 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, you can use the RQM Reportable API or RQM OSLC API.  However, you can only set the external ID (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#External_ID) using the RQM Reportable API.

Comments
Halil BAHADIR commented Oct 01 '12, 9:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Paul,

Actually I don't know the difference setting external ID or not but, If I choose to work on one of these way,s which one do you recommend? Reportable or OSLC?

And where can I find a sample code for that?

Regards,
Halil

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.